2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd March 2016, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Re: Dr MGR University B.Tech ECE Syllabus

Sir I am looking for the Dr MGR University B.Tech ECE Syllabus so can you please provide me the same
3rd March 2016, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Hoi friend below I am giving you the Dr MGR University B.Tech ECE Syllabus

TECHNICAL ENGLISH - I

UNIT I ( 6 Hrs)
Vocabulary (meanings, synonyms, antonyms) – affixes (prefixes and suffixes) – word formation – nominal
compounds , expanding using numbers and approximation – verbs ( tenses , auxiliaries , modals) – concord – voice,
impersonal passive voice – infinitives, gerunds – questions (wh , yes / no, tag)
UNIT II ( 6 Hrs)
Prepositions , prepositional phrases , preposition + relative pronouns – phrasal verbs and idioms – adjectives ,
degrees of comparison – connectives – ‘if’ clauses – cause and effect –imperatives and requests – letter writing,
formal, seeking permission to undergo practical training , letter to the editor , job application , calling for quotation ,
placing orders and complaints.
UNIT III ( 6 Hrs)
Writing a set of instructions and recommendations – Reading articles from magazines and newspapers – extracting
relevant information from the texts by skimming and scanning for specific information. Comprehension – Precis –
Interpretation of tables and flow charts.
UNIT IV: (PRACTICAL COMPONENT) ( 6 Hrs)
Listening
Speech sounds, pronunciation, word stress – role play - buying and selling a product – making arrangements for
meeting-listening to monologues and short conversation based on a variety of sources including interviews, listening
to people, listening to instructions, listening to longer texts to gather clues and prompts relating to purpose.
UNIT V (PRACTICAL COMPONENT) ( 6 Hrs)
Speaking
Conducting and participating in meetings, compeering, welcome speech, vote of thanks, summing up the speechgreeting
friends and strangers, situational conversations , asking for and giving information, agreeing and
disagreeing.
Total No. Of Hrs : 30
TEXT BOOK
1. Dr.R.Pushkala, Dr.P.A.Sarada,. (2013)A Textbook of Communication Skills-Orient Blackswan, El
DoradoWren & Martin, (2006) Grammar and Composition, Chand & co.
REFERENCES
1. McCarthy, Michael et.al (2011) English Vocabulary in Use – advanced, Cambridge University Press,
2. Hancock, Mark (2011) English Pronunciation in Use, Cambridge University Press,
3. Dutt P.Kiranmai (2008)Basic Communication Skills,Cambridge University Press

Dr MGR University B.Tech ECE Syllabus

more Dr MGR University B.Tech ECE Syllabus detail attached a pdf file;
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dr MGR University B.Tech ECE Syllabus.pdf (496.7 KB, 153 views)
3rd March 2016, 01:10 PM

Some of my friends are already studying in Dr MGR University with B.Tech ECE. The complete information regarding syllabus provided you would be so helpful for them also. Thanks a lot.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in