2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th July 2017, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar University Lucknow

The Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar University Lucknow was established in 1996.

The University is approved by UGC and accredited to NAAC.

It is also a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU).

There are several Departments that offers a wide range of Educational Programs of UG and PG Level.

As you want syllabus of MCA Course of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar University Lucknow, so I am providing complete syllabus:

Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar University Lucknow MCA Syllabus

Semester I
MCA-101 Computer Architecture (3-1-0)

UNIT-I
Introduction to Computer Organization, I/O Storage Devices, CPU Processor, Data Representation, Number System, Computer Arithmetic and Boolean Algebra, Generations of Computer, Introduction to Operating Systems, and system Software.

UNIT-II
Flowcharts & Algorithms, Programming Languages and Their Evolution, Level and Classification of Programming Language-Machine, Assembly & High Level Languages,
Logic Families, DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS, CMOS

UNIT-III
Logic Gates, K-Map and Application, Adder and Sub tractor, Multiplexer & Demultiplexer, Encoder circuits, Flip Flops, R-S, J-K & T Flip Flops, Counters & Registers,

UNIT-IV
Types of Memories, RAM, ROM PROM, EPROM, Cache Memory, Bubble Memory, Secondary Memory, Memory Devices & Properties, Instructions format & Addressing Techniques, I/O Organization, DMA, CPU organization, ALU Design, Control Unit & Processor Unit Organization.

MCA-102 Discrete Structure (3-1-0)
UNIT-I
Relation: Type and Composition of relations, Pictorial Representation of Relations, Closures of Relations, Equivalence Relations, Partial Ordering Relation Posets, Hasse Diagram,.

Latties: Introduction, Ordered set, Hasse Diagram of partially ordered Set, Consistent Enumeration, Isomorphic Ordered Set, Well Ordered Set, Lattices, Properties of Lattices, Bounded Lattices, Distributive Lattices and Complemented Lattices.

Function: Type, Composition of Function, Recursively Defined Function.
Mathematical Induction: Piano‟s Axioms, Mathematical Induction, Discrete Numeric Functions and Generating Functions, Simple Recurrence Relation with Constant Coefficients, Linear Recurrence Relation without Constant Coefficient, Asymptotic Behavior of Functions.

UNIT-II
Proportional Logic: First Order Logic, Basic Logical Operations, Tautologies, Contradictions, Algebra of Preposition, Logical Implication, Logical equivalence, Normal Forms, Inference Theory, Predicates and quantifiers.

Algebraic Structure: Properties, Semi Group, Monoid Group, Abelian Group, Properties of Group, SubGroup, Cyclic Group, Cosets, Permutation Groups, Homomorphism, Isomorphism and Automorphism of Groups.

UNIT-III
Introduction to defining Language, Kleene Closure, Arithmetic Expressions, Chomsky Hierarchy, Regular Expression, Generalized Transition Graph, Conversion of regular Expressin to finite Automata, NFA, DFA, Conversion of NFA TO DFA, Optimizing a DGA, FA with output: Moore Machine, Mealy Machine Conversions.

UNIT-IV
Non-regular Language: Pumping Lemma, Myhill Nerode Theorem, Pushdown Automata, Introduction to Turing Machine and Its Elementay Application to Recognition of a Language and Computation of Function.

MCA-103 Object Oriented Programming & C++ (3-1-0)

UNIT-I
Object & Classes, Links and Associations Generalization and Inheritance, Aggregation, Abstract Classes, A sample Object Model, Multiple Inheritance, Meta Data, Candidate Keys, Constraints.

UNIT-II
Dynamic Modeling: Event and States, Operations and Methods, Nested State, Diagrams, Concurrency, Relation of Object and Dynamic Models, Advanced Dynamic Model Concepts Keys, Constraints.
Functional Modeling: Functional Models, Data Flow Diagrams, Specifying Operations, Constraints, a Sample Functional Model.

UNIT-III
Programming in C++: Classes and Objects in C++, Functions, Constructors, Inheritance, Function Overloading, Operator Overloading, I/O Operations, Real Life Applications, Extended Classes Pointer, Virtual Functions, Polymorphisms, Working with files , Class Templates, Function Templates.

UNIT-IV
Translating Object Oriented Design into an Implementation, OMT Methodologies, Examples and Case Studies to Demonstrate Methodology, Comparison of Methodology, SA/SD and JSD.

Contact Details
Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University
(A Central University)
Vidya Vihar, Raebareli Road
Lucknow - 226025
Telephone: +91-522-2440822
Toll Free: 1800-180-5789
Fax 1: +91-522-2440821
Fax 2: +91-522-2441888
Telephone: +91-522-2440822
Email: info@bbau.ac.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar University Lucknow MCA Syllabus.pdf (366.1 KB, 355 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in