2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th July 2014, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Direct Third Year Admission Engineering

According to my knowledge there is no process in India that can get admission in the third year of Bachelor of Technology. Being a diploma student, one can get admission in the second year of B.Tech not third.

The Lateral Entry Scheme which is offered to the diploma holders allow admission in the second year of Bachelor of Technology course.

Lateral Entry Scheme is valid and available in every state and most college with exception of Indian Institutes of Technology and the National Institutes of Technology.

In fact many colleges actually reserve some seats for the Lateral Entry students. It ranges between 5 to 15 percent of the total Engineering seats in the college. The procedure of claiming these seats is different for each college.

There are colleges who will ask you to simply appear for the entrance exam like JEE. And based on the score/ranking they may offer you direct admission.

Other colleges will offer direct admission based on your performance in the diploma course. If you have scored anywhere above 70 percent, it becomes possible to get direct admission.

The most common procedure is to appear for Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET) which is conducted in various states across the country. Some states have other entrance exams in place of LEET.

Documents required for Direct Second Year B.E. -

1. Allotment Letter (Printout from Internet)
2. Std X Mark sheet (SSC)
3. Std X Passing Certificate (SSC)
4. Diploma Marksheet/Std XII (HSC) Mark sheet
5. Leaving Certificate
6. Nationality Certificate
7. Caste certificate (All reserved category candidates)
8. Caste Validity Certificate (All reserved category candidates)
9. Non Creamy Layer Certificate
10. Migration Certificate
11. Gap Certificate (In the form of affidavit on Rs. 100/- non judicial stamp paper)
12. Latest Colour Photographs Total – 5 No. (03 passport & 2 stamp size)
14th February 2015, 12:34 PM
shalaka9577@gmail.com

is it possible 2 take dirct 3rd yr admisom of engg after hsc n diploma in information teqno
14th February 2015, 12:37 PM
shalaka9577@gmail.com

is it true that we can get direct third year admission after hsc and diploma in information teqnology . my diploma % is agg 57.69%
14th February 2015, 12:45 PM
shalaka9577@gmail.com

is it true that we can get direct third year admission after hsc and diploma in information teqnology . my diploma % is agg 57.69%
12th June 2015, 12:30 PM
manoj koli

how is possible to direct third year admissions in BE can you guidance me please
14th June 2015, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalaka9577@gmail.com View Post
is it possible 2 take dirct 3rd yr admisom of engg after hsc n diploma in information teqno
No its only possible to take 2 nd year on the base of deploma nothing meaning for ur hsc examinations.
14th June 2016, 11:41 AM
lata.shete@rediffmail.com

I got 84.30% in Last year electrical diploma , can I get admission in k.k.wagh , what is the cut off off electrical in first shift & second shift.

Tags
admission

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in