2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th May 2015, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Direct Phd IITM

I want to get admission in the Ph.D. course in Indian Institute of Technology Madras so please tell me is there direct admission for admission in Ph.D. course or there is any entrance exam, give me the information about this? Also give me some details about the selection procedure?
Similar Threads
Thread
NDA Direct Interview
IITK Direct PhD
Direct Phd after b.tech In IITM
Direct Phd IIT Madras
Direct MBA After Diploma
Direct SSB In NDA
IIT Bombay Direct Phd
Centrum Direct Ltd
Direct T. Y. B. Com After H.S.C.
Matrix Direct
Direct Phd In JNU
Direct movers
Direct MBA After 12th
IAF Direct Recruitment
Direct Phd in IITM
Bmo MBAnx direct
MBA kelley direct
IITM EE Stores IITM EE
JNU Direct PHD Admission
Direct Admission for MBA
8th July 2018, 06:46 AM
Unregistered

Re: Direct Phd IITM

Hii sir, I Wants to get the Information About The Direct Phd of the Metallurgical and Materials Engineering – IIT Madras Will you Please Provide It ?
8th July 2018, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Direct Phd IITM

Indian Institute of Technology Madras is a public engineering institute located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. As one of the Indian Institutes of Technology, it is recognised as an Institute of National Importance.

The Direct Phd of the Metallurgical and Materials Engineering IIT Madras is given below

Direct PhD program

Direct PhD program is aimed at students with only a B.Tech(B.Sc+M.Sc) degree. It is intended that students with an interest in pursuing a research based career apply for this program.

The procedure for admission to this program is described below:

Students with a CGPA of at least 8 or equivalent and a valid GATE* score apply direct to IITM.
Those satisfying certain minimum departmental criteria will notified to appear for a written exam in conducted at IITM by the dept.
Those who are clear the written exam are then interviewed.
Those who clear both the written exam and the interview are then offered admission.

Duration: 5 years with fellowship

Entrance: Written exam and interview conducted by the department twice a year in May and November

Eligibility Criteria:
B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc with valid GATE score or CSIR/UGC NET/ NBHM or equivalent. A minimum CGPA of 8.0 with GATE score for students from non CFTI institutions. For students from CFTI institutions, GATE score is not required, if CGPA is 8.0 or above.

Entrance Exam :

The written exam is for a duration of one and half hours and consists of only multiple choice or fill in the blank type questions. 80% of the questions will cover all the subject areas of metallurgical and materials engineering equally and the remaining 20% cover general engineering, mathematics, and sciences.

For More Information you may Contact to the Indian Institute of Technology Madras the contact Details Are given below

Contact Details
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Address: Sardar Patel Road, Opposite to C, L.R.I, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600036

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in