2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th February 2016, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

Re: Difference Between UPSC And MPSC

Hello sir, tell me difference between UPSC and MPSC? Is UPSC and MPSC are same? If not then provide me difference of UPSC and MPSC?
18th February 2016, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

As per my knowledge UPSC and MPSC both are entrance exam for university examination. But the major difference between UPSC and MPSC is the UPSC is an all India exam whereas MPSC is held at the state level

Only those who reside in the state of Maharashtra are eligible to take MPSC while any citizen of India can take UPSC exams.

Both exams provide an opportunity to get into administration through various departments of the government.

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission which is an autonomous body conducting exams at all India level to select candidates for various departments of the government. Civil services are one prestigious exam conducted by UPSC that attracts bright students from all over India.

MPSC is another similar exam held at state level. All states in India conduct civil services exams to select deserving candidates to be absorbed in various departments of the state.

The major difference between the two exams lies in the fact that whereas MPSC exam is for those residing in the state of Maharashtra and selects officers that get posting inside the state of Maharashtra while UPSC selects candidates that get jobs in various departments of the central government while getting a posting in any part of the country.
20th February 2016, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Hello Buddy , Here Will you Please Give me Information That What is the Difference Between MPSC and UPSC Exams ?
20th February 2016, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Friend , For your help , Here I am Providing information about Difference Between MPSC and UPSC Exams :

MPSC Stands for Maharashtra State Service Exam

Maharashtra Public Service Commission is an autonomous constitutional body which recruits personnel for civil services in Maharashtra.

This is a State Government Services Commission.

It Select Candidate for Civil Cervices from Maharashtra on the Basis of Merit and
Reservation.

MPSC Recruits for the following Posts:

Deputy Collector (DC)
Deputy Superintendent of Police (Dy. S. P. )
District Deputy Registrar (DDR)
Sales Tax Officer (STO)
Tahsildar
Deputy CEO
Nayab Tahsildar

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC):

UPSC Stands for Union Public Service Commission and it Conducts many Examinations like
Civil Services,
Engineering Services,
CDS,
NDA,
SCRA Examination,
IFS Examination and Many other Examination

This is a Central Government Service Commission.

It Select Candidates for Various Posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IES,CDS etc. from all India on the Basis of Merit and Reservation.

The Eligibility Criteria for Appearing in UPSC Exam is Graduation in any Stream from a Recognized university.

The Age limit for UPSC exam is 21 to 30 years .

OBC Category Candidates 3 years age Relaxation and SC/ST Category Candidates 5
years age Relaxation.

Tags
upsc

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in