2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th February 2016, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

Difference Between MBA and EMBA

Hello sir, I am Gulshan Grover. I am from Chennai. I want you to help me by providing me some information regarding the Difference Between MBA and EMBA. Can you help me?
Similar Threads
Thread
Jnu emba
IIM Calcutta EMBA
EMBA VS MBA Salary
What Is EMBA
Lbs emba
Emba nmims
MBA EMBA Difference
EMBA in Mumbai
EMBA In India
Emba jnu
Gsu emba
EMBA in USA
Uci emba
Mit emba
Emba mit
Mba vs emba
MBA eMBA ero
Gmu emba
EMBA without GMAT
Emba insead
26th February 2016, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Difference Between MBA and EMBA

As you have asked about the difference between MBA and EMBA, I am giving you information about it
EMBA’ simply stands for ‘Executive Master of Business Administration’, which is commonly misconstrued to be a superior form of MBA study.

In actual fact, the two are pretty much equal in terms of cachet and value on graduation – but they are delivered in entirely different ways.

EMBA applicants are usually older and possess greater experience. Full-time MBA applicants are often looking for an immediate career change or are seeking broader experience for career advancement - but the differences between them stretch much further than the age and work experience of applicants.

Application Requirements

EMBAs are catered towards working professionals with extensive work experience – generally in the region of 10-15 years.

During the selection period, EMBA admissions teams look for a varied professional background and with diverse work experience

However, for full-time MBA study, emphasis is very much placed on GMAT scores and essays. A minimum GMAT score of 600 is required in most schools, with top institutions requiring 700 and above. Although more management experience is a definite advantage for MBA study

Duration and pace

The length of degree programs vary per school, however the traditional duration of an MBA is two years in North America or one in Europe. EMBAs tend to fall into the same sort of range.

The difference is, though, that EMBA study is part-time, on evenings, weekends and intensive weeks which can take place at different places around the world.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in