2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd November 2015, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Difference Between GATE And IES Exam

Ok, as you want to know the difference between Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE exam and Indian Engineering Services Exam so here I am telling you.

GATE exam

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE exam is the All India Entrance Examination for admissions to the M.Tech, M.E courses at the IITs, NITs, other GFTIs and many private universities and institutes across the country.

GATE Eligibility-

Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2/ Post-B.Sc./ Post-Diploma)

Master degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent

Candidates in the second or higher year of Four-year integrated master's degree programs (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology

Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year integrated master's degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering/Technology

Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by iE(i), AMICE(i) by the institute of Civil Engineers (India)-iCE(i)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.

Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

IES Exam –

Engineering Services Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) as a combined competitive examination for recruitment to the services or posts of Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.

IES exam Eligibility

Graduation in Engineering from a recognized university
Final year students can also appear in IES exam.

Age Eligibility:

Age must be between 21 years to 30 years
Age relaxations exist as per the government rules.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in