2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

13th April 2015, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Difference Between CDSE And AFCAT

My son want to join the defence service and I would like to give me some guidelines about it. I have searched on internet and I got CDSE and AFCAT terms. I am not aware about thses term. tell me Difference Between CDSE And AFCAT?
Similar Threads
Thread
CDSE Indian Air Force
Indian Air Force CDSE
CDSE Exam Time Table
CDSE Indian Navy
CDSE Exam Schedule
Iaf cdse
Eligibility Criteria for CDSE Exam
Difference between CDS and AFCAT
Afcat vs cdse
Dates of CDSE Exam
Age and Physical requirements for girls for CDSE
CDSE question papers
Coaching Centers for CDSE Exam
CDSE exam Books
CDSE Applying Procedure
CDSE Airforce Exam Dates
Want to prepare for CDSE English exam
CDSE Syllabus and preparation
After BE ECE with 60% Marks Apply for CDSE Exam or not
Call Letter for SSB CDSE II exam
3rd September 2018, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

Re: Difference Between CDSE And AFCAT

I want to know the Difference Between Air force Common Admission Test AFCAT and Combined Defence Service CDSE Examination?
3rd September 2018, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Difference Between CDSE And AFCAT

The Air Force Common Admission Test AFCAT is a test which is taken to select young boys and girls for Air Force only whereas Combined Defence Service CDSE Examination is an exam meant for selecting candidates for all the three wings i.e. Army, Navy and Air Force.

AFCAT is conducted by the Indian Airforce twice an year whereas CDSE is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice an year.

AFCAT1 is conducted in the last week of February and AFCAT2 in the last week of August whereas CDSE1 is conducted in the beginning of the month of February and CDSE2 in the beginning of the month of September

For both you must be a graduate at least (BA, B.Com, B.Tech etc.) further qualification depends on the type of service you want to join.

AFCAT makes the girls and boys to join the Indian Airforce in Flying, Technical or Ground Duty course. CDSE makes a way for the young boys to join the IAF for the Flying course only, girls can join only OTA i.e. SSC for Non-Technical course of Army and no other wing of the Defense through CDSE.

AFCAT exam consists of a single paper which comprises of English, GA, Mathematics and reasoning making a total of 100 questions to be done in 2 hours.

CDSE exam consists of three papers English, GA and Mathematics (optional for OTA candidates). Each paper consists of 120 questions each and time is 2 hours each.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in