2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th March 2016, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Diff between MBA and PGDM

Hello sir I am Vikram and I am here as I want to know what is the difference between MBA and PGDM so will you please tell me the difference??
Similar Threads
Thread
MBA better or pgdm
MBA vs PGDM Which is Better
Pgdm or MBA which is best
Pgp pgdm MBA
MBA pgdm
Pgdm vs MBA
IMI PGDM Course
PGDM or MBA which is best
MBA PGDM Course
MBA or PGDM
About PGDM Course
Pgdm equivalent to MBA by aiu
Ximb pgdm
Simsr pgdm rm
PGDM Or MBA Which Is Better
Difference Between MBA And PGDM
MBA and PGDM
MBA Vs PGDM
PGDM or MBA
MBA After PGDM
19th March 2016, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Diff between MBA and PGDM

MBA (Master of Business Administration) is a Masters degree while PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) or PGDBM (Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management) is a Diploma certificate.

MBA degree can be awarded only by universities and colleges that are affiliated to the universities.

For example, JBIMS (Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies), IMNU (Institute of Management, Nirma University), SIMSREE, FMS (Faculty of Management Studies) and other such colleges that are affiliated to a university can offer MBA degree.

On the other hand, institutes that are not affiliated to any particular university cannot offer MBA and hence, they have to give you a certificate i.e Diploma certificate. The institutes have different names for the certificated but it is generally known as the PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management). For example, IIM’s, XLRI, IIFT, SP Jain, etc.

An MBA will help in developing technical skills and business knowledge whereas a PGDM will prepare graduates for senior level positions in industry and paves the way for a strong corporate career. Hence, if you're looking for a career in the challenging area of management, you should go for PGDM.

While there are huge similarities in the curriculum of both MBA and PGDM, there are finer points of difference. While MBA focuses more on theoretical aspects of management and is more exam-oriented, PGDM has a focus on building soft skills and is industry-oriented. It prepares you for the job market.

In compared to PGDM, generally MBAs are more affordable as the fees is almost similar to university standard. You can get a rough idea if you compared the fees of IIM and FMS.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in