2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th June 2015, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Dibrugarh University B.Com Syllabus

Hello sir. Can you plz provide me the b.com revised syllabus of dibrugarh university, or courses offered by it for the new admission.
9th June 2015, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Dibrugarh University B.Com Syllabus

Hello user as you want the B.com revised syllabus of dibrugarh university, is providing you in a PDF file, download it. Courses offered by dibrugarh university are

Business Administration and Management
Category: Business Administration
Degree: BBA
Mode: Full Time
Medium: Campus
Duration: 3 Years
BBA(Business Administration)-
Stands for Bachelor of Business Administration. Typically, BBA course is a 3 year course, minimum eligibility for which is an intermediate (10+2) with subjects such..

Bachelor Of Education
Category: Education
Degree: B.Ed.
Duration: 1 Year

B.Ed. –
Stands for Bachelor of Education B.Ed .
Is a one year course, minimum eligibility for which is an intermediate (10+2) in any discipline? This degree is meant for future..

Bachelor Of Computer Applications
Category: Computer Application
Degree: BCA

Bachelor Of Library and Information Science
Category: Library and Information Science
Degree: B.L.I.Sc.
For more courses go to its official website

Course No. 101 BUSINESS COMMUNICATION-I (BUCN I)
(For B.Com.General And Six Speciality Courses )

Objective: The objective of this course is to develop effective business communication skills among the students.

Course Contents:
Unit I: Introducing Business Communication: Basic forms of communication; Communication models and processes; Effective communication; Theories of communication; Audience analysis.

Unit II: Corporate Communication: Formal and informal communication networks; Grapevine, Miscommunication (Barriers); Improving communication.

Unit III: Practice in business communication, Group discussions, Mock interviews,
Seminars, Effective listening exercises; Individual and group presentations.

Unit IV: Business letters and memo formats; Appearance request letters, Good news and bad news letters; persuasive letters; Sales letters; Collection letters; Office memorandum.

Text and Reference Books:
1 Balasubramanyum: Business Communication; Vikash Publishing House, Delhi.
2 Kaul: Business Communication; Prentice Hall, New Delhi.
3 Kaul: Effective Business Communication; Prentice Hall, New Delhi.
4 Bezborah, P. & Mahanta K.: Business Communication, Kalyani Publishers.
5 Bovee : Business Communication Essential, Pearson, New Delhi.
6 Chaturbedi/Chaturvedi: Fundamentals of Business Communication,Pearson, New Delhi.

102 BUSINESS LAWS (BRFW II)

Objective: The objective of this course is to provide a brief idea about Indian Business laws.
Course Contents:
Unit I: Law of Contract (1872)
Definition, Nature, Essential Elements of Contract, Void and Voidable Contract, Consideration, Contingent contract, Quasi Contract, Discharge of Contract.

Unit II: Sale of Goods Act 1930; Definition of Contract of Sale, Essentials of a Contract of Sale, Condition and Warranties, Unpaid Seller and his Right. Consumer Protection Act 1986; Salient Feature, Definition of Consumer, Grievance Redressal Machinery, Definition of Compliant, Procedure for Filing Complaints.

Unit III: Negotiable Instrument Act 1881
Definition, Characteristics, Promissory Note, Bill of Exchange and Cheque, Crossing of Cheque, Type of Crossing.

Unit IV: Industrial Disputes Act,1948: Industry and Industrial dispute-workmen, employer, wages, bonus, gratuity, Lockout, strike, Public Utility Services, Prohibition of strike and lockouts, layoffs and closure.

1.Desai T.R.: Indian Contract Act., Sale of Good Act and Partnership Act; S.C. Sarkar & Sons Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
2.Sing Avtar: The Principles of Marcantile Laws; Eastern Book Company, Lucknow.
3.Khergamwala J.S.: The Negotiable Instruments Act; N.M. Tripathi Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai
4. Kapoor, N.D.: Business Law, Sultan Chand and Sons, New Delhi.
5. Sheth: Business Law, Pearson, New Delhi.

103 FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING (FACC III)

Objective: To impart reasonable knowledge on the subject and its application to business.
Course Contents:
Unit I: Preparation of Financial Statements by Sole Trading and Partnership Firms-use of Accounting Standards (AS), vis-à-vis. IFR standards, Accounting Policies- disclosure and change.

Unit II: Hire purchase and Installment Purchase System —Meaning, features, Advantages and disadvantages, Rights of Hire purchaser and Hire vendor (including legal position), Methods of calculation of interest and cash price of an asset, Accounting treatment under Hire Purchase, Repossession of Assets and Preparation of Hire purchase trading account. Installment purchase system; meaning, difference between hire purchase and installment purchase system, accounting entries under installment purchase system.

Unit III: Branch Accounting —Meaning, objectives, need of Branch Accounting; classification of Branches; Accounting treatment of Branch Accounting – synthetic or Debtors System, Analytical or stock and debtor for system. Final Account system including accounting treatment for independent Branch. Departmental accounting; introduction, methods and techniques, allocation of expenses, inter departmental transfer, preparation of departmental Trading, Profit and Loss account and balance sheet.

Unit IV: Meaning of royalty, minimum rent, short working, recoupment of short working, sub-lease, accounting for royalty including sub-lease.

1.Maheswari & Maheswari: Advanced Accountancy, Vikas Publishing House. New Delhi .
2.Hanif & Mukherjee: Modern Accountancy Vol-I & II., Tata Mc. Graw. New Delhi.
3.Rajaseharam: Financial Accounting; Pearson Education New Delhi
4.Dam, BB; Gautam HC & Goswami K: Financial Accounting, Ashok Publishing, Guwahati.
5. Sukla and Grewal: Advanced Accountancy, S. Chand, New Delhi.
6. Paul: Financial Accounting, New Central Book Agency, Hyderabad.
7. Sinha: Financial Accounting, New Central Book Agency, Hyderabad
8. Tulsian: Financial Accounting, Pearson, New Delhi.

104 BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT (BNEV IV)

Objective: The paper aims to acquaint the learners with the emerging issues of business at national and international levels with emphasis on liberalization and globalization.
Course Contents:

Unit I: Theoretical framework --- Concept, significance and nature of business environment; environmental scanning, elements of business environment – internal and external environemnt. SWOT analysis – concept, significance and technique, Changing dimensions of business environment in India.

Unit II: Economic Environment --- Significance and elements of economic environment. Business cycle – concept, phases and features. Economic growth—concept and hindrances. Industrial sickness – definition, causes and effects (to be studied with special reference to NE India).

Unit III: Government policy and Legal Environment --- Industrial policy of India
since 1991 – salient features – licensing, privatization , foreign collaboration in the light of recent changes, Competition Act, 2002; Meaning, objectives, definitions and applicability of the Act. Export Import Policy (EXIM Policy), Special Economic Zones (SEZ). Salient features of the Govt. India’s Industrial Policy for the North East (Latest Policy).

Unit IV: International Business Environment --- International economic grouping and institutions – GATT, WTO, World Bank, IMF, SAFTA -- their importance to India. The policy of globalization and its impact on Indian trade and industry.

1.Cherunilam Francis: Business Environment, Himalaya Publishing House, New Delhi.
2.Aswathappa K: Essentials of Business Environment, Himalaya Publishing House, New Delhi.
3.Ahuja H.L:Economic Environment of Business, S. Chand & Company Ltd. New Delhi.
4.Bezborah P. & Singh Ranjit, Business Environment, Kalyani Publishers.
5. Fernando: Business Environment, Pearson, New Delhi.
6. Shaikh: Business Environment, Pearson, New Delhi.

Address:
Dibrugarh University

NH37, Dibrugarh,
Assam 786004
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dibrugarh University B.Com Syllabus.pdf (693.8 KB, 572 views)
2nd December 2015, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Hellow sir i am from c.k.b commerce college at jorhat.recently i take admission in b.com 2nd sem,but to yet i have not found the syllabus of 2nd semester.can u provide me the syllabus of second semester under dibrugarh university?
19th January 2016, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

Sir can you provide us b.com 2nd sem 2016 syllabus...
19th January 2016, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

Sir can provide us b.com 2nd sem sylabus 2016
1st December 2017, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Hi friends I am Shruti from jorhat and this year I will appear my 12board exam and after that I am planning to do b. Com so can you tell me how to get admission in dibrugarh university..
27th August 2019, 08:54 AM
Unregistered

Hi buddy here I am looking for Dibrugarh University B.Com Syllabus to do compare it with other university syllabus so would you plz provide me same here ???
27th August 2019, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

As you want here I am giving bellow Dibrugarh University B.Com Syllabus , so on your demand I am providing same here :

Course No. 101 BUSINESS COMMUNICATION-I (BUCN I)
(For B.Com.General And Six Speciality Courses )
Marks: 80 Hours: 40
Objective: The objective of this course is to develop effective business communication skills
among the students.
Course Contents:
Unit I: Introducing Business Communication: Basic forms of communication;
Communication models and processes; Effective communication; Theories of
communication; Audience analysis.
20: 10 hrs
Unit II: Corporate Communication: Formal and informal communication networks;
Grapevine, Miscommunication (Barriers); Improving communication.
Unit III: Practice in business communication, Group discussions, Mock interviews,
Seminars, Effective listening exercises; Individual and group presentations.

Unit IV: Business letters and memo formats; Appearance request letters, Good news and bad
news letters; persuasive letters; Sales letters; Collection letters; Office
memorandum.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dibrugarh University B.Com Syllabus.pdf (693.8 KB, 76 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in