2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th October 2014, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Delhi School of Economics Entrance Exam Syllabus

Delhi School of Economics entrance will basically test your knowledge of Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Statistics, Econometrics and Mathematics.

Exam pattern
The paper consists of 2 sections.
Section 1: 20 multiple choice questions

Marking scheme: +1 for the correct answer, -1/3 for a wrong answer,
0 for unattempted question

Section 2:
40 multiple choice questions
Marking scheme: +2 for the correct answer, -2/3 for a wrong answer,
0 for unattempted question

Delhi School of Economics Entrance Exam Paper

For your idea , here I am giving attachment of question paper...................
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Delhi School of Economics Entrance Exam Paper.pdf (365.1 KB, 127 views)
31st July 2015, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Delhi School of Economics Entrance Exam Syllabus

From where I can get Delhi School of Economics Entrance Exam Syllabus, as I am doing preparation of this exam I need its syllabus??
31st July 2015, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Delhi School of Economics Entrance Exam Syllabus

Delhi School of Economics entrance will basically test of your knowledge of Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Statistics, Econometrics and Mathematics as you are asking fro its syllabus then I would like to say The test will include questions on

Micro-economics,
Macro-economics,
Mathematics,
And
Statistics
And
Some related subjects such as public economics and economic development.

There are two types of questions in the paper

(i) Questions requiring precise and short answers,
and
(ii) essay-type questions with specified word limits.

Recommended books to study following:

Microeconomics: Hal Varian (Intermediate Microeconomics), Hal Varian Workbook, Osborne (for Game Theory), Bernheim & Whinston (also a good book)
Macroeconomics: Dornbusch and Fischer, O. Blanchard, Development Economics by Debraj Ray (for Solow and Harrod Domar growth models), William Branson's book (for general equilibrium questions). Alternatively, you can get hold of the Macro reading prescribed by Delhi University for the 2nd year students (3yr program). This should have most of the relevant content from the first three books.
Econometrics and Statistics: Gujarati’s Introductory Econometrics, Degroot and Schervish
Mathematics: Sydsaeter and Hammond, A. Chiang's "Fundamental Methods of Mathematical Economics". However, the exam also goes into a fair amount of maths that you learnt in Classes 11 and 12 in school. I recommend digging up those old R.S. Aggarwal/ S.P. Sharma books and go through the relevant topics in those books (i.e. solve questions; the relevant topics are probability, functions, limits and continuity)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in