2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th May 2015, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

Default judgment SCRA

I am researching about the Service members Civil Relief Act (SCRA) so for this will you please tell me from where I can download the PDF file of the Affidavit-Default Judgment Service members Civil Relief Act? Also tell me what is the meaning of this act? Why this Service member Civil Relief Act (SCRA) is made? What is Default judgment of SCRA?
Similar Threads
Thread
About SCRA
Scra ati
Know About SCRA
SCRA or IIT Which is best
Scra drm
Scra nda
http Amity University Default
Scra xm
SCRA VA Gov
Scra pdf
BU Bhopal Nic Results Default Semi
SCRA GSI Gov UK
Cap One SCRA
Citibank Pdf Default Password
All about SCRA
GRE Default Score
Scra jag
Ias scra
Scra cd
SCRA Gov EDU
22nd October 2019, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Re: Default judgment SCRA

Hello sir, Im member of Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. I want to know that what I can do if any default judgment against me?
22nd October 2019, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Default judgment SCRA

The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act is protects servicemembers from default judgments.

The Default judgment is a legal term for court orders that are entered against a party who doesnt show up for the hearing.

Only in limited circumstances can a default judgment order be entered against you if you do not appear in court because of your military service obligations.

The SCRA also allows you to obtain a delay in court and administrative hearings.

Here is PDF for Rules of Servicemembers Civil Relief Act:
Rules of Servicemembers Civil Relief Act

Rules of Servicemembers Civil Relief Act:

Servicemembers May Set Aside or Vacate Default Judgments:

The SCRA allows the servicemember to vacate a default judgment against him/her in civil actions where:

The servicemember defendant did not make an appearance in court; and

The servicemember did not receive any notice of the proceedings.

If a defendant has not appeared in the proceedings, the plaintiff must provide to the court a sworn affidavit stating whether or not the defendant is in the military (or not sure).1

If it appears the defendant is on active duty:

The court or administrative body may not enter a judgment against the defendant until it has appointed an attorney to represent the member;

The court or administrative body must grant a stay of proceedings for a minimum period of 90 days upon application by the servicemember's appointed counsel.

If it appears that the court or administrative body is not sure the defendant is on active duty:

The court or administrative body may require the plaintiff to file a bond to indemnify the defendant against any damages that may result in the event the default judgment is later set aside;
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rules of Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.pdf (646.9 KB, 42 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in