2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th June 2015, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

DCRUST University Syllabus

I want to take admission in B.TECH first year at Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology . Will you please provide the DCRUST University B.TECH first year Syllabus for an idea ?
Similar Threads
Thread
Solapur University Syllabus BCA Syllabus BCA
RPSC II Grade Syllabus Teacher Syllabus
DCRUST University B.Tech Result
MBA syllabus MKU university
Result of Dcrust University
SRM University ECE Syllabus Pdf
IP University ECE Syllabus
BCA syllabus CCS University
DCRUST MBA Result
Is DCRUST AICTE Approved
SRM University MBA Syllabus Pdf
Dcrust mba
ECE Syllabus Kuk University
DCRUST vs MDU
DCRUST MBA Form
MDU Vs DCRUST
Dcrust MBA date sheet
DCRUST University
DCRUST or MDU
VTU University BE Syllabus
15th June 2015, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Re: DCRUST University Syllabus

Here I am providing the B.TECH first year Syllabus of Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology which you are looking for .

Semester-I

Essentials Of Communication
Mathematics-I
Physics-I
Manufacturing Processes (Gr – A)Chemistry (Gr - B)
Fundametals Of Computer Of Computer & Programming In C (Gr – A) Electrical Technology (Gr - B)
Environmental Studies (Gr - B)
Elements Of Mechanical Engineering (Gr – A) Engineering Graphics & drawing (Gr - B)
Physics Lab – I
Workshop Practice (Gr – A)Chemistry Lab (Gr - B)
Computer Programming Lab (Gr – A)Electrical Technology Lab (Gr - B)
Elements of mech. Engineering lab (Gr – A)
Environmental Studies Field Work (Gr - B)
Total ( Gr-A / Gr-B)

Semester –II

Communication Skills In English (Except BT)Basics Of Biotechnology ( Only BT)
Mathematics-II
Physics-II
Manufacturing Processes ( Gr - B) Chemistry ( Gr – A)
Fundamentals Of Computer & Programming In C (Gr - B) Electrical Technology ( Gr – A)
Environmental Studies ( Gr – A)
Elements of mech. Engineering ( Gr - B) Engineering Graphics & Drawing (Gr – A)
Physics Lab – II
Workshop Practice (Gr- B)Chemistry Lab ( Gr – A)
Computer Programming Lab ( Gr - B) Electrical Technology Lab (Gr – A)
Elements of mech. Engg. Lab (Gr - B)
Environmental Studies Field Work (Gr – A)
General Proficiency

PHYSICS - I

Part - A
Interference: Division of wave front-Fresnel's biprism, Division of amplitude – Newton's rings, Michelson interferometer, applications.

Diffraction: Difference between Fraunhofer and Fresnel diffraction. Fraunhofer diffraction through a slit. Plane transmission diffraction grating, its dispersive and resolving powers.

Polarization : Polarised and unpolarized light, double refraction; Nicol prism, quarter and half wave plates,Polarimetry; Biquartz and Laurent's half-shade polarimeters, Simple concepts of photoelasticity.

LASER: Spontaneous and stimulated emissions, Laser action, characteristics of laser beam-concepts of coherence, He-Ne and semiconductor lasers (simple ideas), applications.

FIBRE OPTICS: Propagation of light in fibres, numerical aperture, single mode and multi mode fibres, applications.

Part - B
WAVE AND OSCILLATIONS: Simple concepts of Harmonic Oscillator, resonance, quality factor.
E.M. wave theory-review of basic ideas, Maxwell's equations, simple plane wave equations, simple concepts of wave guides and co-axial cables, Poynting vector.

DIELECTRICS: Molecular theory, polarization, displacement,susceptibility, dielectric coefficient, permitivity & various relations between these, Gauss's law in the presence of a dielectric, Energy stored in an electric field. Behaviour of dielectrics in a.c. field-simple concepts, dielectric losses.

SPECIAL THEORY OF RELATIVITY: Michelson-Moreley experiment, Lorentz transformations, variation of mass with velocity, mass energy equivalence.

NUCLEAR PHYSICS: Neutron Cross-section, Nuclear fission, Moderators, Nuclear reactors, Reactor criticality, Nuclear fusion. Interaction of radiation with matter-basic concepts, radiation detectors-ionisation chamber, G.M. Counter, Scintillation and solid state detectors, cloud chamber and bubble chamber.

TEXT BOOKS:
1. Physics of the Atom - Wehr, Richards & Adair (Narosa)
2. Perspectives of Modern Physics - Arthur Beiser (TMH)
3. Modern Engineering Physics – A.S. Vasudeva (S. Chand)

REFERENCE BOOKS :
1. Electricity and Magnetism – F.W. Sears (Narosa)
2. Physics Vol-I & II – Resnick & Halliday (Wiley Eastern)
3. A Text Book of Optics – Brij Lal & Subramanyam

Note:
The Examiners will set eight questions, taking four from each part. The students will be required to attempt five questions in all selecting at least two from each part. All questions will carry equal marks.

DCRUST B.Tech Syllabus (common for all branches) – I Year
CH - 101 CHEMISTRY

Unit-1: Thermodynamics - Second law, concept of Entropy, Entropy change for an ideal gas, free energy and work functions, Free energy change, Chemical Potential, Gibb's Helmholtz equation, Clausius - Clapeyron equation, Related numerical problems with above topics.

Unit-2: Phase-Rule - Terminology, Derivation of Gibb's Phase Rule Equation, One Component System (H2O System), Two Components systems, Eutectic system (Pb-Ag), system with congruent m.pt. (Zn-Mg), systems with incongruent m.pt. (Na-K), Applications of above Systems.

Unit-3: Water & its treatment : Part I – Sources of water, impurities in water, hardness of water and its determination, units of hardness, alkalinity of water and its determination, Related numerical problems, scale and sludge formation (composition properties and methods of prevention).

Unit-4: Water and its treatment : Part II – Treatment of water for domestic use, coagulation, sedimentation, filtration and dis-infection, water softening, ion-exchange process, mixed bed demineralisation, Desalination (reverse osmosis) (electrodialysis).

Unit-5: Corrosion and its prevention - Galvanic & concentration cell, Dry and wet corrosion, Electrochemical theory of corrosion, Galvanic corrosion, pitting corrosion, water-line corrosion, differential aeration corrosion, stress corrosion, factors affecting corrosion, Preventive measures (proper design, Cathodic protection, protective coatings).

Unit-6: Lubrication and Lubricants - Friction, mechanism of lubrication, classification and properties of lubricants, Additives for lubricants, synthetic lubricants, Greases – Preparation & properties (consistency, drop point) and uses.

Unit-7: Polymers and Polymerization - Organic polymers, polymerisation, various types of polymerisation, effect of structure on properties of polymers, preparation properties and technical applications of thermo- plastics (PVC, PVA), thermosets (PF,UF), & elastomers (SBR,GR-N), Silicones, Introduction to polymeric compsites.

Unit-8: Analytical Methods - Thermal methods, Principle, method and application of Thermogravimetric analysis, Differential thermal analysis and Differential scanning calorimetry , (Experimental details are excluded),Spectroscopic methods, Spectrophotometry, interaction of E.M. radiations with a molecule and origin of spectrum, spectroscopic, techniques-vibrational and electronic spectroscopy (Experimental details are excluded), conductometric titration, elementary discussion on Flame-photometry.

TEXT BOOKS:
1. Engineering Chemistry, P.C. Jain, Monica Jain (Dhanpat Rai & Co.).
2. Chemistry in Engineering & Tech., Vol.I & II, Rajaram, Kuriacose (TMH).

REFERENCE BOOKS:
1. Instrumental methods of Chemical Analysis, MERITT & WILLARD East-West Press).
2. Physical Chemistry, P.W. Atkin (ELBS, Oxford Press).
3. Physical Chemistry, W.J. Moore (Orient-Longman).

Note:
Eight questions are to be set with a fair weightage of all the units. The candidates will be required to attempt five questions in all.

CSE - 101 FUNDAMENTALS OF COMPUTER & PROGRAMMING IN C

Unit-1: An Overview of Computer System: Anatomy of a digital Computer, Memory Units, Main and Auxiliary
Storage Devices, Input Devices, Output Devices, Classification of Computers.
Radix number system: Decimal, Binary, Octal, Hexadecimal numbers and their inter-conversions; Representation of information inside the computers.

Unit-2: Operating System Basics: The user Interface, Running Programmes, Managing files, Introduction to PC operating Systems: Unix/Linux , DOS, Windows 2000.

Unit-3: Internet basics: : Introduction to the basic concepts of Networks and Data Communications, How Internet works, Major features of internet, Emails, FTP, Using the internet.

Unit-4: Programming Languages: Machine-, Assembly-, High Level- Language, Assembler, Compiler, Interpreter, debuggers, Programming fundamentals: problem definition, algorithms, flow charts and their symbols, introduction to compiler, interpreter, assembler, linker and loader and their inter relationship.

Unit-5: C Programming language: C fundamentals, formatted input/ output, expressions, selection statements, loops and their applications; Basic types, arrays, functions, including recursive functions, program organization: local and external variables and scope; pointers & arrays.

Unit-6: Strings: strings literals, string variables, I/O of strings, arrays of strings; applications. Preprocessor: preprocessor directives, macro definition, conditional compilation; Structures, Unions and Enumerations: Structure variables and operations on structures; Structured types, nested array structures; unions; enumeration as integers, tags and types.

Declaration: Declaration syntax, storage classes, types qualifiers, declarators, initializers.
Program Design: modules, information hiding, abstract data types, difference between C & C++, Low level programming: Bitwise operators, Bit fields in structures, other low level techniques.

Unit-7: Standard library: Input / output; streams, file operations, formatted I/O, character I/O, line I/O, block, string I/O, Library support for numbers and character data, error handling:

TEXT BOOKS:
1. Using Information Technology, 5th Edi, Brian K Williams & Stacey C. Sawyer, 2003, TMH
2. The C Programming Language by Dennis M Ritchie, Brian W. Kernigham, 1988, PHI.
3. C Programming – A modern approach by K.N. King, 1996, WW Norton & Co.
4. Fundamentals of Computing and C Programming, R. B. Patel, Tech Publications, New Delhi.

REFERENCE BOOKS:
1. Information technology, Dennis P. Curtin, Kim Foley, Kunal Sen, Cathleen Morin, 1998, TMH
2. Theory and problem of programming with C, Byron C Gottfried, TMH
3. Teach yourself all about computers by Barry Press and Marcia Press, 2000, IDG Books India.
4. Using Computers and Information by Jack B. Rochester, 1996, Que Education & Training.

Note:
Eight questions will be set by the examiner (at least 2 questions from unit-1 to 4, 2 each from unit –5 & 6, and one from unit-7). The students will be required to attempt 5 questions in all.

EE - 101 ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY

Unit-I: D.C. CIRCUITS: Ohm’s Law, Kirchoff’s Laws, D.C. Circuits, Nodal and Loop methods of analysis.

Unit-II: (a) A.C. CIRCUITS: Sinusoidal signal, instantaneous and peak values, RMS and average values, phase angle, polar & rectangular, exponential and trigonometric representations; R,L and C components, behaviors of these components in A.C. circuits. Concept of complex power, power factor.

(b) TRANSIENT RESPONSE: Transient response of RL, RC and RLC Circuits with step input.

Unit- III: NETWORK THEOREMS: Thevenin’s theorem, Norton’s theorem, superposition theorem, maximum power transfer theorem, Reciprocity theorem, Tellegen’s theorem, Milman's theorem. Star to Delta & Delta to Star transformation.

Unit-IV: SERIES AND PARALLEL A.C. CIRCUITS: Series and parallel A.C. circuits, series and parallel resonance, Q factor, cut-off frequencies and bandwidth.

Unit-V: THREE PHASE CIRCUITS: Phase and line voltages and currents, balanced star and delta circuits, power equation, measurement of power by two wattmeter method, Importance of earthing.

Unit-VI: TRANSFORMERS: Principle, construction & working of transformer, Efficiency and regulation.
Unit-VII: ELECTRICAL MACHINES: Introduction to D.C. Machines, Induction motor, Synchronous machines.

Unit-VIII: MEASURING INSTRUMENTS: Voltmeter, Ammeter, Watt meter, Energy meter.

TEXT BOOKS:
1. Basic Electrical Engg (2nd Edition) : Kothari & Nagarath, TMH
2. Electrical Technology (Vol-I) : B.L Theraja & A K Theraja, S.Chand

REFERENCE BOOKS:
1. Electrical Engineering Fundamentals: Deltoro, PHI
2. Network Analysis: Valkenburg, PHI

For detailed syllabus , here is the attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DCRUST University B.TECH first year Syllabus.pdf (939.4 KB, 288 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in