2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th November 2014, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

DCP and DC is same or different

I am little bit confused that DCP and DC post are same or different so will you please tell me about it?
11th November 2014, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Re: DCP and DC is same or different

D.C.P. and D.C. are different in different state but these two are not at all same. DCP stands for the Deputy Commissioner of Police and DC stands for the Deputy Commissioner or District Collector.

The former post is filled by an I.P.S. officer and the later is filled by an I.A.S. officer.

You can join both the services through Civil Services Examination but once you join IAS/IPS cadre, you can't change it at a later stage without reappearing the exam.

In India, A District Superintendent of Police (SP) or Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP). It heads the police force of a district. Superintendents of Police are officers of the Indian Police Service.

A District Magistrate is called District Collector or Deputy Commissioner. He is the chief administrative and revenue officer of an Indian district. He is a member of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), and is appointed by a State government. He works under the supervision of Divisional Commissioner who is a senior IAS officer and he is responsible to implement all the government programmes in the interest of the common public of the district.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in