2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th May 2015, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

DCE DTE Clock Rate

Kindly provide me with the information that what is the possible difference in the clock rate of DCE and DTE devices in reference of higher data rates and connectivity between the two devices. As I was looking to buy one of these two devices, so before that I wanted to make a comparison and choose the best one.
Similar Threads
Thread
Hurdle rate MBA
JNU Rate
SBI TT Buying Rate
PNB SG Rate
Acceptance Rate At SMU
Casio Pq15-1k Travel Alarm Clock
Rate of Powergrid
NDA Rate
PNB SGD Rate
Configure DCE Clock Rate Cisco
Interest Rate Of PNB
UVA MBA Acceptance Rate
LMU MBA Acceptance Rate
Evaporation Rate of PNB
IMD MBA Acceptance Rate
Clock Tower Mumbai University
MDU gold rate
World Clock CET Now
GDP Growth Rate During NDA
HMC Admission Rate
23rd July 2018, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Re: DCE DTE Clock Rate

I want to know the clock rate in Data Terminal Equipment DTE and Data Communications Equipment DCE so can you tell me?
23rd July 2018, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

Re: DCE DTE Clock Rate

The terms DTE and DCE are very common in the Data Communications market. DTE is short for Data Terminal Equipment and DCE stands for Data Communications Equipment.

The DTE indicates this is a piece of device that ends a communication line, whereas the DCE provides a path for communication.

Equipments which are connected with serial must have a reference clocking to synchronize each other.

DTE communicates with DCE in reference to the clocking provided by the DCE, thus we usually set the clocking from the DCE.

In a point-to-point circuit, theres actually two option.

The first is that the telco essentially delivers a pair of copper wires end to end, and therefore one of your sides must provide the clocking.

The second is that the telco provides the clocking transparently provide clocking to both sides.

The speed at which a serial WAN link runs is determined by the clock rate, this rate governs the number of bits that can be transferred per second, for example, a clock rate of 64000 would give an overall serial link bandwidth of 64k.

This clock rate can not be set at the DTEs (routers) at either end but is controlled by the telco ISP via the DCEs.

If you require more bandwidth you must contact your ISP and request the clock rate to be increased and pay more money for the privilege! There is nothing you can add to the Cisco router configuration to increase the bandwidth above the clock rate!

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in