2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th October 2014, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Re: D2L MGH institute

Desire2Learn (D2L) is the MGH Institute’s Learning Management System. It is an online, password-protected environment. By using this it can provide the students with electronic resources such as your syllabus, handouts, and lecture material for your course. It also include interactivity among students beyond the classroom.

Popular tools and features within D2L:
Dropbox - collect student assignments and projects electronically
Quizzes - online quizzes with automatic grading capability for multiple choice questions
Gradebook - manage students grades and calculate final grades
Discussions - asynchronous discussions allow students to begin a discussion before an on-site class or continue a discussion from a particular class meeting time
Online rooms (Adobe Connect) - online synchronous “webinar” style collaboration spaces
HTML Editor - allows faculty to embed multimedia, including videos, into the course material in a way that easily and seamlessly integrates with text and other audio and visual elements
Respondus lockdown browser - prevents students from being able to navigate to websites or to other areas of their computers. This is used when students are taking quizzes or exams on their computers in D2L.

Labels and Titles

Sequence (i.e. “Week 7”)
Date (i.e. “November 8-15”)
Topic (i.e. “Stoichiometry”)

Faculty Support
Resources and support services that can assist teaching.

Instructional Design Consultations

MGH Institute Help Desk

Workshops and Events

Online Tutorials

Teaching Resources Library

Address:
MGH Institute of Health Professions
36 1st Ave, Boston, MA, United States ‎
+1 617-726-2947

Map:
[MAP]https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=MGH+Institute+of+Health+Professions,+1st+Av enue,+Boston,+MA,+United+States&hl=en&ll=42.375333 ,-71.054034&spn=0.009384,0.020428&sll=46.255847,-92.504883&sspn=17.993787,41.835938&oq=MGH+&t=m&z=1 6&iwloc=A[/MAP]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in