2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st November 2014, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Re: CSIR Chemical Sciences question papers

Ok, as you want the question paper of CSIR Chemical Sciences so here I am providing you.

CSIR Chemical Sciences Question paper

Q What is Zeise's salt? Show its structure and describe the bonding.

Q Use Coulomb's law to deduce the dimension of charge.

Q Explain which of the following is primarily responsible for the difference in chemical properties of nanomaterials from the bulk.
i. lattice defects
ii. surface to volume ratio
iii. London forces

Q What is the origin of the blue colour in Prussian Blue? Comment on the effect of (i) oxidant and (ii) reductant on its colour.

Q Give an example of a diamagnetic transition metal hydride complex. How is the presence of metal bound hydride detected by spectroscopic methods.

Q Write equations for reduction of oxygen at dropping mercury electrode, when the medium is alkaline.

Q Draw generally accepted structure of active site of the enzyme involved in nitrogen fixation. Indicate the site on which nitrogen first binds.

Q Examples of carbonylate anions are many more than those of metal carbonyl cations. Explain.

Q 3.64 g of compound A (molar mass 150) is dissolved in 180 g of benzene and the vapour pressure of this solution is 756 torr at the boiling point of benzene. Calculate the molar mass of A in benzene and explain the discrepancy, if any
[assume dilute solution].

Q Calculate the entropy of mixing and Gibbs free energy of mixing of 5 moles of
component A and 5 moles of component B at 27 °C.

Q Show that, if an engine takes up heat Q from a sink at a temperature T2 and gives to a source at a temperature T1 without any work, the process would violate the principle ∆ S(universe) ≥ 0.

For more questions here I am attaching a pdf file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CSIR Chemical Sciences question papers.pdf (156.2 KB, 110 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in