2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th May 2015, 08:54 AM
Unregistered

CSE 3rd Sem Syllabus PTU

Provide me syllabus of B.Tech 3rd Semester Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) Program from Punjab Technical University (PTU)? Can I get syllabus in digital format from the website of PTU? My last syllabus was wet in the raining, so now I want only digital syllabus. So provide syllabus of B.Tech 3rd Semester CSE branch in PDF or DOCX format.
Similar Threads
Thread
Solapur University Syllabus BCA Syllabus BCA
RPSC II Grade Syllabus Teacher Syllabus
LIC Exam Syllabus DSE AAO Syllabus
Exam pattern of GATE and syllabus of GATE syllabus of Electrical Engineering
WBUT syllabus BBA syllabus
WBUT Ac Syllabus MBA Old Syllabus
9th July 2018, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Re: CSE 3rd Sem Syllabus PTU

Can you provide me the syllabus of 2nd Year (3rd & 4th Semester) of B. Tech. Computer Science Engineering [CSE] of PNU (Punjab Technical University)?
9th July 2018, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Re: CSE 3rd Sem Syllabus PTU

The syllabus of 2nd Year (3rd & 4th Semester) of B. Tech. Computer Science Engineering [CSE] of PNU (Punjab Technical University) is as follows:

BTCS 301 Computer Architecture
PART-A

1. Register Transfer and Microoperations: Register transfer language & operations, arithmetic
microoperations, logic microoperations, shift microoperations, arithmetic logic shift unit. Design of a complete basic computer and its working
2. Basic Computer Organisation and Design: Instruction codes, Computer registers, Computer Instructions, Timing and control, Instruction Cycle, Memory reference instructions, Input/ Output and Interrupt, Design of basic Computer, Design of Accumulator Logic.
3. Design of Control Unit: Control memory, design of control unit microprogrammed, hardwired, and their comparative study.
4. Central Processing Unit: General Register Organisation, Stack Organisation, Instruction formats, Addressing Modes, Data transfer and manipulations, Program control, RISC and CISC architecture

PART-B
5. Input-Output Organisation: Peripheral devices, I/O Interface, asynchronous data transfer, modes of transfer, priority interrupt, DMA, I/O processor, serial communication.
6. Memory Organisation: Memory hierarchy, main memory, auxiliary memory, associative memory, cache memory, virtual memory, memory management hardware.
7. Advanced concepts of Computer Architecture: Concept of pipeline, Arithmetic pipeline, Instruction , vector processors and array processors. Introduction to parallel processing, Interprocessor communication & synchronization

Suggested Readings/ Books:
1. M. Moris Mano, Computer System Architecture, Pearson Education.
2. William Stallings, Computer Organisation and Architecture, Pearson Education.
3. David A Patterson, Computer Architecture, Pearson Education.
4. P. Pal Choudhri, Computer Organisation and Design, PHI.
5. J. P. Hayes, Computer System Architecture, Pearson Education.
6. Kai Hawang, Advanced Computer Architecture, Tata McGraw Hill.

Syllabus 2nd Year B. Tech. Computer Science Engineering Punjab Technical University

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in