2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th April 2015, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

CRPF Btaliyan

How many Battalions are in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)? Tell me the names of Battalions? Also tell me the number of Commandos in each Battalion? Provide me the list of all members?
Similar Threads
Thread
CRPF HC ASI key
New DGP Of CRPF
Kv crpf
HC Min in CRPF
CRPF Age
CRPF Key
Crpf si ro
Cg crpf
CRPF Pay
How To Get Into CRPF
Rpf crpf
Ssc kkr crpf
CRPF Recruitment Assistant Sub Inspector CRPF Recruitment Job
Crpf hc cm
Gd crpf
Crpf dgp
Crpf nps
CRPF Result Board CRPF Result
Pic of CRPF
Crpf pt
23rd August 2018, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Re: CRPF Btaliyan

Can you tell me about number of Battalions in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)? Also tell me about Organisational Structure of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)?
23rd August 2018, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Re: CRPF Btaliyan

The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) is the largest of India's Central Armed Police Forces. It functions under the aegis of Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) of the Government of India.

Its primary role lies in assisting the State/Union Territories in police operations to maintain law and order and counter insurgency.

It came into existence as the Crown Representative's Police on 27 July 1939. After Indian Independence, it became the Central Reserve Police Force on enactment of the CRPF Act on 28 December 1949.

With 239 battalions and various other establishments, the CRPF is considered India's largest paramilitary force and has a sanctioned strength of 313,678 personnel.

CRPF Organisational Structure
The CRPF is headed by a Director General who is an Indian Police Service officer and is divided into ten administrative sectors, each headed by an Inspector General.

Each Sector consists of one or more administrative and/or Operational Ranges, headed by an officer of the rank of Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Police. Now, Group Centres are also headed by DIGs.

The Financial Advisor of the CRPF has been an Indian Revenue Service officer of the rank of Joint Secretary and also has Dy Advisors from the Indian Audit and Accounts Service or the Indian Telecom Service and Indian Civil Account Service.

There are 243 battalions, (including 204 executive Bns, 6 Mahila Bns, 15 RAF Bns, 10 CoBRA Bns, 5 Signal Bns and 1 Special Duty Group, 1 Parliament Duty Group), of approximately 1200 constables each.

Each battalion is commanded by an officer designated as Commandant, and consists of seven CRPF companies, each containing 135 men. Each company is headed by an Assistant Commandant.

The Ministry of Home Affairs is plans to raise 2 Group Centers, 2 Range HQ's, 1 Sector HQ and 12 new battalions including a Mahila (all female) battalion by 2019.

The Assistant Commandants are Group 'A' gazetted officers, directly appointed upon clearing an exam conducted by the UPSC which is held yearly.

The CRPF force is organized into a Headquarters and fours zones. A zone is either headed by an Additional Director General (ADG) or a Special Director General. A zone is sub-divided into sectors where each sector is headed by an Inspector General (IG).

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in