2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th August 2014, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Criteria for UPSC ECE

Union Public Service Commission’s (UPSC) Engineering Service Examination eligibility details are given below:

Eligibility:
I. Nationality:
A Candidate must be either
i. a citizen of India, or
ii. a subject of Nepal, or
iii. a subject of Bhutan, or

Age Limit:
A Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years

Educational Qualification:
The Candidates must have obtained a Degree in Engineering from a university incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions.

Passed section A and B of the institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India), or

The applicant should have degree/ diploma in Engineering from such foreign university/ college/ institution and under such conditions as may be recogniezed by the government for the purpose from time to time.

ESE Exam Pattern:
Engineering Services Examination comprises of two stages:
1. Written Examination
2. Personality Test or Interview

Written Examination:
The written Examination will comprise two sections –
Section I consisting only of objective types of questions and
Section II of conventional papers.

Both Sections will cover the entire syllabus of the relevant engineering disciplines like:

Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering

Conventional papers must be answered in English.
Question papers will be set in English only.

Candidates must write the papers in their own hand Marks will not be allotted for mere superficial knowledge Subjects for the Written Examination.

Tags
upsc

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in