2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

24th April 2017, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Cpt mba

Would you please let me know more about Curricular Practical Training (CPT) for MBA Students conducted by Virginia International University?
24th April 2017, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Cpt mba

AS you want to know more about Virginia International University, Curricular Practical Training (CPT) for MBA Students here I will get details.

The CPT is defined to be alternative work/study, internship, cooperative education, or any other type of required internship or practicum that is offered by sponsoring employers through cooperative agreements with the school.

Types of Courses
Graduate Internship I
This course provides practical learning experience and application for qualified graduate students in a business concentration area such as: finance, accounting, management, HR, marketing, international business, global logistics, etc.

The objective of the course is to provide hands-on and practical work experience in their business concentration that will give students a competitive advantage when they graduate

Graduate Project Internship II
This course provides work exposure to qualified graduate students in their area of interest for their advanced research project.

The objective of the course is to give students access to information and individuals that would help in the concept and/or development of their area of interest for their graduate research project

Eligibility

Have been lawfully enrolled on a full-time basis for one academic year (two full consecutive semesters – Fall and Spring).

If you are a graduate student and the program requires immediate participation, this requirement is waived.

Be in lawful F-1 status

Have a job offer

Demonstrate that the proposed internship is a requirement for your degree program

Not be enrolled in an intensive English language training program

The CPT qualified course must be listed in the school’s catalog with the number of credits, course description, and the name of the faculty member teaching the course.

Documents required

Copy of your current I-20

Copy of your I-94 record

The Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Program Packet (completed) – students may obtain the packet from the Career Center

Course Syllabus

Offer letter from the employer on company letterhead, detailing the following:
Students name and address
Start and end dates of the internship
Job title – must say ‘intern’ in the job title
How many hours the student will work each week – not to exceed 20 hours/week (Spring and Fall) and 40 hours/week (Summer)
A description of duties in sufficient detail to clearly show them as appropriate to meeting the requirements of your academic course
Paid or Unpaid – indicate amount per hour, and/or provided benefits
Supervisor Information – Name, Job Title, Contact Information
Location of the CPT (physical address)

Address:-

Virginia International University
4401 Village Dr, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA

Phone:-
+1 703-591-7042

Last edited by Rajkumar Agarwal; 24th April 2017 at 03:21 PM.
23rd August 2018, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Hii sir, I Wants to get the Information About the Curricular Practical Training of the Columbia Business School For MBA Graduate ?
23rd August 2018, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

As you Asking for the the Information About the Curricular Practical Training of the Columbia Business School For MBA Graduate the Information is given below

Curricular practical training (CPT)

Curricular practical training (CPT) is employment pursuant to an internship requirement or internship elective which is an integral part of the established curriculum of Columbia Business School, which will be counted towards completion of your degree.

Who is eligible for CPT?
To be eligible for CPT, students must meet all of the following criteria:
Must be an F-1 visa holder maintaining legal status
Must be enrolled full-time and be in good academic standing
Must have been enrolled as a full-time student in the United States for a minimum of one
academic year, prior to applying for CPT authorization.

Am I limited in the number of hours I can work on CPT?
CPT is limited to Part-time during the academic year (maximum of 20 hours per week).
CPT may be full-time during the annual vacation

Can I change employers while on CPT?
Maybe. CPT authorization is employer specific. Students may only work for the employer listed on the third page of the I-20. If a student is approved to change employers while on CPT, s/he must obtain a completely new CPT authorization before beginning to work with the new employer.
Please contact ISSO with any questions about changing CPT employers.

Curricular Practical Training of the Columbia Business School For MBA Graduate

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in