2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th May 2015, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

Cpt cgl

I have cleared the SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam (CGL) written exam now I have to appear in the Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) of it so please tell me some information about this exam? Give me some preparation tips to clear the Computer Proficiency Test?
12th July 2018, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Re: Cpt cgl

Hi buddy here I have come to collect info related to CPT in CGL exam so will you plz let me know about the same as my friend going to take part in this exam ??
12th July 2018, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Cpt cgl

As you asking I am telling CPT or Computer proficiency test is Tier 4 of SSC CGL examination, In CGL exam one needs to clear CPT for:

ASO in CSS

ASO in MEA

Excise Inspector

Preventive Officer

Examiner

Syllabus for CGL Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
Word Processing In this module commission will give you a printed English passage that has to be typed on the computer. Software is not exactly Microsoft Word but similar to MS word 2007. In this module candidate has to type 2000 characters (key depressions) in 15 minutes without any formatting (Bold / Italic / Underline etc.). To clear this test is not a herculean task if someone practices regularly on computer. Microsoft Word can count characters as well, so you can practice on your computer by typing any article of approximately 2000 characters in 15 minutes. This is checked against how many mistakes you make in typing. Only a certain percent of mistakes are allowed.

Spreadsheets - In this module candidate have to work on Microsoft Excel software Version 2007 (In last year CPT) and create a spreadsheet as they provide in a printed sheet. You have to calculate data by using some simple formulas of MS Excel like sums, multiplication, profits, percentages etc. in 15 minutes time. Only simple formulas are needed but one must have a basic understanding of MS Excel 2007.

Generation of slides - In this module commission will give you a printed sheet showing a print-out of a single slide. Candidates have to create a slide similar to the given slide on Microsoft PowerPoint software Version 2007 (In last year CPT) in 15 minutes time. For this module one must have the knowledge of header, footer, inserting date/time and file address and basic understanding of Microsoft PowerPoint 2007.

Tags
ssc cgl

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in