2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd May 2015, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

Course for IAS Exam

I want to start the preparation for IAS Exam . I want to get the detail about the course included in the syllabus of the exam . will you please give me detailed course structure / syllabus of the IAS Exam that will help me to do preparation .
29th May 2018, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

Re: Course for IAS Exam

Hello sir, Im preparing for IAS exam want to know courses in exam. Which courses are available for IAS exam? Is there any one can provide me courses for IAS exam?
29th May 2018, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Course for IAS Exam

The IAS exam all subjects as per the ICS syllabus includes mostly all the subjects that students were covered in school in the name of general studies.

The IAS exam syllabus given by UPSC may appear simple on face value but requires a lot of study and understanding of each subject and its portions.

The subjects in civil services are designed to judge you on your understanding of things around you as only and informed person can take informed decisions as a civil servant.

IAS officers are policy makers and most of the services within the CS includes dealing with people and policies.

IAS Mains Syllabus

Qualifying Papers (Non-Ranking)
Paper A One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate from the languages included in the Eight Schedule to the Constitution. 300 Marks
Paper B English23 300 Marks
Papers to be Counted for Merit (Ranking)
Paper I Essay 250 Marks
Paper II General Studies I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the Worl22d and Society) 250 Marks
Paper III General Studies II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations) 250 Marks
Paper IV General Studies III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management) 250 Marks
Paper V General Studies IV ( Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude) 250 Marks
Paper VI Optional Subject- Paper 1 250 Marks
Paper VII Optional Subject- Paper 2 250 Marks
For the optional papers in the Main Examination, UPSC has a list of about twenty-six subjects out of which any one subject has to be selected by the candidate.
Subtotal (Written Test) 1750 Marks
Personality Test (Interview) 275 Marks
Grand Total 2025 Marks

Paper pattern:

Structure of the language papers:

The types of questions asked are:

Essay 100 marks
Reading comprehension 60 marks
Precis Writing 60 marks
Translation :
English to compulsory language (e.g. Hindi) 20 marks
Compulsory language to English 20 marks
Grammar and basic language usage 40 marks

IAS exam courses;

1. Agriculture
2. Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
3. Anthropology
4. Botany
5. Chemistry
6. Civil Engineering
7. Commerce & Accountancy
8. Economics
9. Electrical Engineering
10. Geography
11. Geology
12. History
13. Law
14. Management
15. Mathematics
16. Mechanical Engineering
17. Medical Science
18. Philosophy
19. Physics
20. Political Science and International Relations
21. Psychology
22. Public Administration
23. Sociology
24. Statistics
25. Zoology
26. Literature of any one of the following languages:
Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam,
Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and English

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in