2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th December 2015, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Re: Common admission test MBA India

I am in my Final year of graduation and I have a dream to pursue MBA , can I apply for CAT this year and please provide the exam pattern and syllabus for CAT.
18th December 2015, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Common admission test MBA India

Common Admission Test (CAT) is a popular national management entrance examination. It is generally conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIM’s). The score in the exam makes a candidate eligible to take part in various courses of management all over the country. It is conducted by different IIM’s every year.
The last date for the Cat 2015 has been passed and you have to wait for the next year to apply for it.
Eligibility Details:
You must have UG Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also be referred to as Persons With Disability (PWD) categories], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.

Classes candidates belonging to the “non-
creamy” layer (NC-OBC).

Exam Pattern:
Section Questions Time
Quantitative Aptitude (QA) 34 60 minutes
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) 32 60 minutes
Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC) 34 60 minutes
Total 100 180

SYLLABUS:
CAT English/Verbal Ability: Reading comprehension, verbal reasoning, syllogisms, analogies, antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, idioms, etc.
CAT Maths/Quant Ability: Number systems, geometry, trigonometry, probability, permutation combination, algebra, mensuration, time and work, averages, percentages, profit and loss, quadratic and linear equations, etc.
CAT Data Interpretation: Interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), Venn diagram, etc.
CAT Logical Reasoning: Clocks, calendars, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, conclusion, linear and matrix arrangement, etc.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in