2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th November 2014, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Re: CLAT exam preparation

Ok, for this you have to do your preparation seriously so do your preparation according to exam pattern and syllabus.

Here I am providing you both exam pattern and syllabus

Exam Pattern-

Total Marks 200
Number of multiple-choice
Questions of one mark each 200
Duration of Examination Two hours (02:00 hours)

Subject areas with Weight age-

English including Comprehension 40 Marks
General Knowledge and Current Affairs 50 Marks
Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability) 20 Marks
Legal Aptitude 50 Marks
Logical Reasoning 40 Marks

Exam Syllabus-

1. English including comprehension-

In this candidates will be questioned on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein etc. The grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.

2. General Knowledge and Currents Affairs-

The candidates will be tested on their general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test candidates on their knowledge of current affairs.

3. Mathematics-

This section will test candidate's knowledge on elementary mathematics, i.e. Maths taught up to Class X.

4. Legal Aptitude-

This section will test candidate's interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability.

5. Logical Reasoning-

It will include a wide variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate's ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments.
28th November 2014, 08:58 AM
Unregistered

CLAT Exam Preparation

I want to prepare for CLAT Exam please provide me some preparation tips ?
28th November 2014, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Re: CLAT Exam Preparation

CLAT is common low entrance test, for that you need some preparation tips so here I am giving you same:

You should maintain time table for this exam.

You should use good books for that.

You should do study according to syllabus.

You should do study according to exam pattern.

You should do revision again and again.

You should not feel nervousness.

I am giving you CLAT exam syllabus for doing preparation:

CLAT Exam Syllabus

English Including Comprehension
The English section will test the candidates’ proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar.
In the comprehension section, candidates will be assessed on their understanding of the passage given, its central theme and meanings of the words used therein, etc.
The grammar section will focus on correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in the given sentences with appropriate words, etc.

General Knowledge and Currents Affairs
As far as general knowledge is concerned, the candidates will be assessed on their general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test candidate’s knowledge on current affairs.

Mathematics
This section will test candidate’s knowledge on elementary mathematics, i.e. mathematics taught up to Class X.

Legal Aptitude
This section will test candidate’s interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability. Questions asked may comprise of legal propositions/ principles and a set of facts to which the said proposition/ principle has to be applied to arrive at a most reasonable conclusion. Such propositions may or may not be ‘true’ in the real sense; yet the candidates will have to assume that the given propositions are true and answer the questions accordingly. An example of such legal proposition may be that any person who speaks in a movie hall and disturbs others who are watching the movie will be banned from entering any movie theatre across India for one year.

Logical Reasoning
The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It will include a wide variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.

Paper pattern:
Paper Number of Question Time
General English 40 2 Hrs
General Knowledge/Current Affairs 50
Elementary Mathematics 20
Legal Aptitude 50
Logical Reasoning 40
Total 200

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in