2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th August 2014, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Class XII English Sample Paper

Here I am providing you the English sample question paper of CBSE XII Exam

An interschool Kabaddi Competition is organizedby your school. Write a notice, in not more than 50 words, requesting the students to be present at the venue to encourage the players. Invent all the necessary details. You are Arjun, the sports captain of your school. 5
OR
You possess an acre of land in the heart of the city. You want to dispose of this
property since you have decided to buy a flat. Write an advertisement to be published
in a national daily, giving all the necessary details. You are Krishan of Moti Nagar,
Delhi. ,

Incessant rain has caused irrecoverable damage in your area. As an active participant in
the flood relief prograrnme, write a report in 125-150 words on the different flood
relief measures carried out. You are Krishan/Krishna. 10
OR
You have visited a book exhibition in your neighbourhood. Write a report int25 - 150
words on the exhibition. You are RohanlRohini.

5. You are the librarian of Amla Public School. You had placed an order for text books with Dhanpati & Sons. Since the books did not arrive on time, you have decided to cancel the order. Write a letter to the Manager, Dhanpati & Sons, Chennai, canceling the order. 10

SECTION A — (Reading) 20 1.
(a) Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow : 12 One morning, about half-way between my front gate and the tram track, I noticed two little boys playing in the garden of the more modest cottages. They were both very little boys, one was four years old perhaps, the other five. The bigger of the two was a sturdy youngster, very dark, with a mat of coarse hair on his head and coal-black eyes. He was definitely a little Jamaican – a strong little Jamaican. The other little fellow was smaller, but also sturdy – he was white, with hazel eyes and light-brown hair. Both were dressed in blue shirts and khaki pants. They wore no shoes and their feet were muddy.
They were not conscious of my standing there, watching them : they played on. The little white boy walked authoritatively up and down, and every now and then shouted at his bigger playmate. The brown boy shuffled along quietly behind him and did what he was told. ‘Pick up that stick !’ The dark boy picked it up. ‘Jump into the flowers !’ The dark boy jumped. ‘Get me some water !’ The dark boy ran inside. The white boy sat down on the lawn. I was amazed. Here before my eyes, a white baby – for they were little more than babies – was commanding his will upon a black baby. And the black baby submitted. I puzzled within myself as I went down the road. Was it that even as a boy he sensed that in his own country he would be at the white man’s beck and call ? Could he, even at his age, tell the difference between himself and the white boy ? And did the little white youngster, so young, such a baby, realize that he would grow to dominate the black man ?

I could not bring myself to believe such a thing, and yet, with my own eyes I had seen a little dark boy take orders from a little white boy – a little white boy, obviously his social equal, and younger and smaller. Were we, as a race, really inferior ? So inferior that even in our infancy we realized our deficiencies, and accepted our position as the white man’s servant. For a whole day, I puzzled over this problem. The next morning, the boys were there again, and a man was standing at the gate watching them. I stopped and looked, just to see what the white boy was making his little servant do. To my utter astonishment, the little dark boy was striding imperiously up and down the lawn, while the white youngster walked abjectly behind him. ‘Get me a banana !’ The little white boy ran into the house and reappeared shortly with a banana. ‘Peel it for me !’ The little white boy peeled the banana and handed it to his dark master. I saw it now. It was indeed a game, a game I had played as a child. Each boy took it in turn every alternate day to be the boss, the other, the slave. I smiled as I remembered. I looked at the man standing by the gate. He was a white man. I remembered what I had thought yesterday. He, no doubt, I thought to myself, was wondering if the black race is superior to the white. I laughed gently to myself. How silly grown-ups are ! And yet how clever we are, how wonderfully able we are to assign deep motives to childish actions ! This man, I thought to myself, will puzzle all day on whether the blacks will eventually

rise and rule the world. I will save him his puzzle. I will explain it to him. I went across to him. ‘I know what you’re thinking,’ I said. ‘You’re thinking that may be the black race is superior to the white, because you just saw the little dark youngster on the lawn ordering the little white boy around. Don’t think that; it’s a game they play. Alternate days one is boss, the other, servant. It is a grand game. Yesterday, I saw the little white boy bossing the dark one and I worried all day over the dark boy’s realization of his inferiority so young in life ! We are silly, we grown-ups, aren’t we ?’ The man was surprised at my outburst. He looked at me smiling. ‘I know all about the game,’ he said. ‘The boys are brothers, my sons.’ He pointed to a handsome brown woman on the verandah who had just come out to call in the children. ‘That’s my wife,’ he said. I smiled. My spirit laughed within me. This is Jamaica, I said in my heart, this is my country, my people.

(i) What difference did the narrator notice between the two boys whom he saw one morning ? 2

(ii) When the narrator saw the boys the first time, what questions cropped up in his mind ? 2

(iii) What surprised the narrator when he saw the two boys engaged in their game the next morning ? 2

(iv) What did the narrator realize then ? 2

(v) Why did the narrator go to talk to the white man who was standing at the gate watching the two boys ? 2

(vi) What surprise did the narrator get from his encounter with the white man ? 2

(b) Read the poem given below and answer the questions that follow : 8 Don’t 1 Don’t put your feet up on the table Don’t dump your trainers on the stair Don’t stick your old socks in the wardrobe Don’t leave the plughole full of hair. And 2 Stop causing trouble in the playground Stop yelling pop songs in the street Stop spraying walls with dirty slogans Stop dropping litter at your feet ! 3 Don’t kill those people for the profit Don’t build your bombs for one last fight Don’t tell us God’s your only reason Don’t dream up monsters for the night. And 4 Stop making clouds of glowing poison Stop dumping rubbish in the seas Stop turning pastures into deserts Stop burning up our planet – please. Steve Bowkett

(i) List any four things which the adult is telling the child not to do at home. 2

(ii) Which behaviour outside the home is forbidden to the child ? 2

(iii) Why does the child give advice to adults not to build bombs for one last fight ? 1

(iv) What advice does he give to the adults in stanza 4 ? 1

(v) Whose behaviour do you think is worse, the child’s or the adult’s ? Why ? 2

SECTION B — (Writing) 20 2.
(a) Write an essay in 150 – 200 words on the following topic : 10 Growing intolerance in society OR Positive attitude improves the quality of man’s life

(b) You are Mudit/Mudita, a press reporter. You visited a park in Yamuna Vihar and found it in a mess. Using the information given below, write a report in 150 – 200 words for your newspaper. as many cattle as the people – garbage dumped – slabs on the pathway chipped off at several places – boundary wall crumbling – thoroughfare for cyclists and scooterists – used even for getting relieved 10

SECTION C — (Applied Grammar) 10 3.

(a) In the passage given below, one word has been omitted in each line. Write the missing word along with the word that comes before and the word that comes after it in your answer book. Ensure that the word that forms your answer is underlined. The first one has been done as an example. 2110=5

Ganesha is universal god. e.g. is a universal

There not a single city or

(i) ________ ________ ________ village India without a Ganesha’s

(ii) ________ ________ ________ statue, sitting somewhere a

(iii) ________ ________ ________ street corner or a tree.

(iv) ________ ________ ________ Elephant deities also commonplace

(v) ________ ________ ________ in China, Japan, Indonesia, Thailand.

(vi) ________ ________ ________ There is Ganesha rock in

(vii) ________ ________ ________ Sedona the native Americans call (viii) ________ ________ ________ ‘elephant’ rock. However, Ganesha is not exalted deity. He

(ix) ________ ________ ________ is represented the door-keeper. (x) ________ ________ ________

(b) Read the dialogue given below and using the given information complete the following paragraph in your own words. 15=5 Teacher : If you give hundred rupees to your friend when he needs only fifty rupees, how much will he return to you ? Lakshita : Nothing. Teacher : You don’t know even ABCD of mathematics ! Lakshita : Madam, you do not know my friend. The teacher asked Lakshita
(i) _________________ when he needed only fifty rupees
(ii) _______________ to her. Lakshita instantly replied that
(iii) _____________ . The teacher despairingly said that
(iv) _______________ even ABCD of mathematics to which Lakshita respectfully replied
(v) ________________ her friend.

Rest of the Questions are attached in below file which is free of cost
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CBSE XII English Exam Question Paper.pdf (261.4 KB, 113 views)
21st March 2015, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir , is there any site which provide CBSE Class XII English Sample Paper, I need its paper bcoz my exam in next month sir plz help me??
21st March 2015, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

I have some CBSE Class XII English Sample Papers and on your demand I am sharing with you in pdf , here is some content from pdf:

Read the passage given below and then answer the questions which follow : 1. Concern about the effects of television on children has centred exclusively upon the contents of the programs which children watch. Social scientists and researchers do complex and ingenious experiments to find out whether watching violent programs make children behave aggressively. But it is easy to overlook the simple fact that one is always just watching television when sitting in front of the screen rather than having any other experience.

2. Parents who are deeply troubled about the effects of television upon their children have centred their concern on the subject matter of the programmes. A group called Action For Children’s Television (ACT) was formed in the USA not only to reduce the amount of violence in programmes but also to protest against incessant commercial breaks which encouraged children to crave for fashionable toys and unhealthy foods. One of its founders described its aims”….parents have the rights to ask that programmes aimed at the young should meet the specific needs of children….” But is it the needs of children which are at stake when parents demand better programmes ? Surely the fact that young children watch so much television reflects the needs of parents to find a convenient source of amusement for their offspring and a period of quiet for themselves. Their anxieties about the possible ill effects of those hours of passive, quiet viewing are lessened if the time spent at least seems to be educational.

3. The real needs of young children are quite different. They need opportunities to work out basic family relationships, thereby coming to understand themselves; television only reduces these opportunities. They need to develop initiative, and to find out things for themselves ; television provides answers too easily.

CBSE Class XII English Sample Paper

Attached Files
File Type: pdf CBSE Class XII English Sample Paper-1.pdf (180.9 KB, 444 views)
File Type: pdf CBSE Class XII English Sample Paper-2.pdf (233.5 KB, 318 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in