2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd December 2017, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Civil Services Exam Model Question Paper

The Civil Services Examination is a nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India,

Eligibility Criteria

Nationality

(1) For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
(2) For other services, a candidate must be either:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India,

Minimum Educational Qualifications

The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

Age Limits:
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2017 i.

Examination Pattern

Preliminary Exam

General Studies Paper I 200 Marks
General Studies Paper II 200 Marks

Main Exam

Paper Subject Marks
Paper A (One of the Indian languages listed below, to be selected by the candidate (from the languages listed in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution of India) (Qualifying) 300
Paper B English (Qualifying) 300
Paper I Essay 250
Paper II General Studies I (Indian heritage and culture, history and geography of the world and society) 250
Paper III General Studies II (Governance, constitution, polity, social justice, and international relations) 250
Paper-IV General Studies III (Technology, economic development, biodiversity, environment, security and disaster management) 250
Paper V General Studies-IV(ethics, integrity, and aptitude) 250
Papers VI, VII Two papers on subjects to be selected by the candidate from the list of optional subjects below (250 marks for each paper) 500
TOTAL(WRITTEN TEST) 1750

Question Paper of the Civil Service Exam General Knowledge Section

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in