2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th March 2016, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Civil engineering syllabus under BPUT

Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT) is a public type university located in Odisha and it offers education under various disciplines.

Syllabus of Civil engineering of BPUT

Semester III

BSCM 2201 Mathematics

BENG 1208 Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulic Machines

BSCP 2201 Physics - II

BSCP 2202 Physics of Semi-Conductor Devices

BSCC 2201 Chemistry - II

BSCC 2202 Material Sciences

BCSE 3201 Object Oriented Programming UsingC++

HSSM 4201 Engineering Economics & Costing

HSSM 4202 Organisational Behaviour

PCAR 8205 Structurural Analysis -I

Semester IV

Mathematics - IV

CPPME 6202 Mechanics of Materials-I

BSCC 2201 Chemistry - II

BSCC 2202 Material Sciences

BSCP 2201 Physics - II

BSCP 2202 Physics of Semi-Conductor Devices

BCSE 3202 Relational Database Management System

HSSM 4202 Organisational Behaviour

HSSM 4201 Engineering Economics & Costing

PCCI 8201 Surveying – I

SYLLABUS OF Mathematics – III

Module-I (18 hours)

Partial differential equation of first order, Linear partial differential equation, Non-linear partial differential equation, Homogenous and non-homogeneous partial differential equation with constant co-efficient, Cauchy type, Monge’s method, Second order partial differential equation. The vibrating string, the wave equation and its solution, the heat equation and its solution, Two dimensional wave equation and its solution, Laplace equation in polar, cylindrical and spherical coordinates, potential.

Module-II (12 hours)

Complex Analysis: Analytic function, Cauchy-Riemann equations, Laplace equation, Conformal mapping, Complex integration: Line integral in the complex plane, Cauchy’s integral theorem, Cauchy’s
integral formula, Derivatives of analytic functions

Module –III (10 hours)

Power Series, Taylor’s series, Laurent’s series, Singularities and zeros, Residue integration method, evaluation of real integrals

Syllabus of Civil engineering of BPUT

Contact details

Biju Patnaik University of Technology  
Chhend Main Rd, Chhend, Rourkela, Odisha 769004
Phone: 0661 248 2556

Now I am providing you pdf file of detailed syllabus of Civil engineering of BPUT.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Syllabus of Civil engineering of BPUT.pdf (478.1 KB, 926 views)
25th September 2019, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

Hi buddy here I am looking for Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT) B.Tech (Civil Engineering) program syllabus so will you plz provide me same here ??
25th September 2019, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

As you want here I am giving bellow Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT) B.Tech (Civil Engineering) program syllabus on your demand :

PCI3I001 MECHANICS OF SOLID
Theory L/T (Hours per week): 3/1, Credit: 4
Module-I (12 classes)
Simple Stress and Strain -Load, Stress, Principle of St.Venant, Principle of Superposition,
Strain, Hookes law, Modulus of Elasticity, Stress-Strain Diagrams, Working Stress, Factor of
safety, Strain energy in tension and compression, Resilience, Impact loads, Analysis of
Axially Loaded Members, Composite bars in tension and compression, temperature
stresses in composite rods, Statically indeterminate problems, Shear stress, Complimentary
shear stress, Shear strain, Modulus of rigidity, Poissons ratio, Bulk Modulus, Relationship
between elastic constants.
Compound Stress and strain- Stresses in thin cylinders, thin spherical shells under
internal pressure, wire winding of thin cylinders.Analysis of Biaxial Stress. Plane stress,
Principal stress, Principal plane, Mohrs Circle for Biaxial Stress, Two dimensional state of
strain, Mohrs circle for strain, Principal strains and principal axes of strain, strain
measurements, Calculation of principal stresses from principal strains.
Module-II (10 classes)
Shear Force and Bending Moment for Determinate Beams - Types of load and Types of
support. Support reactions,Shear force and bending moment, Relationship between
bending moment and shear force, Point of inflection, Shear Force and Bending Moment
diagrams for determinate beams.
Module-III (10 classes)
Simple Bending of Beams - Theory of simple bending of initially straight beams, Bending
stresses, Shear stresses in bending, Distribution of normal and shear stress, beams of two
materials, Composite beams.
Deflection of Beams - Differential equation of the elastic line, Slope and deflection of
beams by integration method and area - moment method.
Module-IV (8 classes)
Theory of Columns - Eccentric loading of a short strut, Long columns, Eulers column
formula, Lateral buckling, Critical Load, Slenderness ratio

Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT) B.Tech (Civil Engineering) program syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in