2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th November 2012, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Civil engineering syllabus of diploma in PTU

Punjab Technical University provides Diploma Courses in Civil Engineering.

Here we are providing you a PDF file which gives you total information about Civil Engineering Syllabus in Punjab Technical University.

Some content of the given file has been given below:
Course Name of Course
Theory
Ce-201 survey-1
ce-203 fluid mechanics-i
ce-205 building material
ce-207 solid mechanics
principals of
hm-253 economics &
management
ce-209 lab-I (fluid mechanics)
ce-211 lab-ii (solid mechanics)
workshop
training of 4
ce-213 weeks duration
after 2nd
semester
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Punjab Technical University Civil Engineering Syllabus.pdf (241.6 KB, 481 views)
28th November 2019, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I am Diploma holder in Civil Engineering; can you provide me the syllabus of B Tech Civil Engineering offered by IK Gujral Punjab Technical University as I want to check it before taking admission in it?
28th November 2019, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

The syllabus of Bachelor of Technology Civil Engineering offered by IK Gujral Punjab Technical University is as follows:

Third Semester

Unit-I: Introduction to Surveying: Principles, Survey stations, Survey lines- ranging, direct &indirect ranging, Bearing and its measurement with prismatic compass, calculation of angles from bearings, Local Attraction Levelling:, Principles of levelling- booking and reducing levels; differential, reciprocal leveling, profile levelling and cross sectioning. Digital and Auto Level, Errors in levelling; contouring: Characteristics, methods, uses; areas and volumes. Setting up the plane table and methods of plane tabling (Radiation and three point problem only).

Unit-II: Triangulation and Trilateration: Theodolite survey: Instruments, Measurement of horizontal and vertical angle; Balancing of Traverse, Omitted Measurements, Tachometry: Definition, determination of tachometer constants and reduced level from tachometric observations. Triangulation - network- Signals. Baseline - choices - extension of base lines - corrections - Trigonometric leveling .

Unit-III: Curves: Elements of simple and compound curves – Method of setting out Transition curve – length of curve – Elements of transition curve.
Photogrammetry Surveying: Introduction, Basic concepts, flight planning; Stereoscopy, photographic mappingmapping using paper prints, mapping using stereoplotting instruments, mosaics, map substitutes.

Unit-IV: Modern Field Survey Systems: Principle of Electronic Distance Measurement, Modulation, Types of EDM instruments, Distomat, Total Station – Parts of a Total Station – Accessories –Advantages and Applications, Field Procedure for total station survey, Errors in Total Station Survey; Global Positioning Systems- Segments, GPS measurements, errors and biases, Surveying with GPS, LADAR (drone and vehicle based)
Remote Sensing: Introduction – Electromagnetic Spectrum, interaction of electromagnetic radiation with the atmosphere and earth surface, remote sensing data acquisition: platforms and sensors.

References & Books
1. Duggal, S.K., Surveying Vol I & II, Tata McGraw Hill
2. Punmia, B.C., Jain, Ashok Kumar and Jain, Arun Kumar, Surveying Vol. I, II & III, Laxmi Publications
3. Agor, R., Surveying, Khanna Publishers
4. Bhavikatti, S.S. Surveying & Levelling Volume I & II

Syllabus B Tech Civil Engineering IK Gujral Punjab Technical Universit

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in