2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th July 2015, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Citibank Mastercard Securecode

Citibank MasterCard SecureCode provides enhanced security for online shopping.
MasterCard SecureCode is a private code for your MasterCard account that gives you an additional layer of online shopping security.

SecureCode works with your existing MasterCard account. Plus, it's easy to activate and use.
Citibank Secure Code Faqs
Q: I'm a merchant. What is MasterCard SecureCode?

A: MasterCard SecureCode is a program designed to provide online merchants with the added security of having issuing banks authenticate cardholders and qualify online transactions for protection against "cardholder unauthorized" or "cardholder not recognized" chargebacks.
Q: I'm a consumer. What is MasterCard SecureCode?

A: MasterCard SecureCode is a service to enhance your existing MasterCard credit card or debit card. With a private code -- similar to a PIN -- you get means protection against unauthorized use of your card when you shop at participating online retailers.
Q: How does MasterCard SecureCode work?

A: Once you've registered and created your own private SecureCode, you will be automatically prompted by your financial institution at checkout to provide your SecureCode each time you make a purchase with your registered credit card or debit card at a participating online merchant. Your SecureCode is quickly confirmed by your financial institution and then your purchase is completed. Your SecureCode will never be shared with the merchant. It's just like entering your PIN at an ATM.
Q: How does MasterCard SecureCode protect me?

A: When you correctly enter your SecureCode when making a purchase at a participating online merchant, you confirm that you are the authorized cardholder and your purchase will be completed. If an incorrect SecureCode is entered, the purchase will not go through.
Q: Will I have to get a new card to use SecureCode?

A: You will be able to use any of your existing MasterCard credit or debit cards, as long as the cards are from a participating financial institution. If you're not sure if your financial institution provides this service, please review the list of participating financial institutions. If you don't see your financial institution, check back later as the list is frequently updated.
Q: How many cards can I register with SecureCode?

A: We encourage you to register all of your MasterCard cards. There is no limit to how many cards you can register.
Q: Can two people with a joint account use the same password or should they register for SecureCode separately?

A: Enrollment is at the account level so the password must be shared.
Q: What should I do if I can't remember my SecureCode?

A: You may be prompted to reset your SecureCode or you can contact the customer service number for your financial institution, which is typically found on the back of your card.
Q: What if my SecureCode fails or I receive an error message?

A: You should contact the customer service number for your financial institution, which is typically found on the back of your card. Tell the customer service representative the message that you received.
Q: What if I did not receive an SMS/Text message with my SecureCode PIN?

A: If your financial institution uses SMS/Text messages for SecureCode authentications, you will need to contact the customer service number for your financial institution, which is typically found on the back of your card.
Q: What happens when my card expires or my billing information changes?

A: Your card issuer will automatically update this information in your profile.
Q: What happens if I cancel my card and then get a new one with a different account number?

A: You will need to register the new card for SecureCode. Simply return to the registration site and complete the registration process with your new card.
Q: I'm an online merchant or business, how do I enable MasterCard SecureCode?

A: The ability to support SecureCode may already be available through your transaction processor. All you need to do is:

Contact your transaction processor to confirm that they support the MasterCard SecureCode program.
Install a MasterCard SecureCode compliant "plug-in" application on your site.
Test your site with MasterCard to ensure that SecureCode is working properly.
Display the MasterCard SecureCode logo to let your customers know that you are working to secure online shopping.
Transmit transaction authentication values to the card issuer via your normal authorization process using the Universal Cardholder Authentication Field (UCAF).

Q: Once I implement SecureCode, how can I test my site?

Contact your transaction processor when you are ready to test your site.
Q: Is SecureCode easy for online shoppers to use?

A: Yes. Shoppers simply enter their private MasterCard SecureCode in an in-line window provided by their card issuer before their online transaction can be completed. The card issuer is responsible for validating the code.
Q: I'm a merchant who would like to offer SecureCode. How do I find a certified SecureCode vendor?

A: A current list of certified compliant MasterCard SecureCode vendors is available here: MasterCard SecureCode vendor list
Q: How can I download the MasterCard SecureCode logo to place on my Web site?

A: Once you have completed compliance testing, MasterCard will provide you with a SecureCode program identifier.
Q: I'm a merchant, why should I offer MasterCard SecureCode?

A: By providing an option for customers to use SecureCode, you will gain protection from cardholder unauthorized chargebacks for fully compliant transactions. Such protection is designed to reduce your chargeback exposure and processing expenses.

And when you implement SecureCode, consumer confidence increases, making your customers more likely to make an online purchase from you. It can also help you to expand the geographic reach of your business by selling to customers in countries where online debit cards are more widely used than credit cards. In addition to added protection against chargebacks for these customers, you will also be able to process their Maestro debit transactions.
Q: How do I know whether a merchant participates in SecureCode?

A: Most participating merchants will display the MasterCard SecureCode logo on their site. However, even if you don't see the SecureCode logo, the merchant may still be a participant and you will be prompted to provide your SecureCode.
Q: How will the online merchant know that I'm registered for SecureCode?

A: When you use a card that is enrolled in the SecureCode program at participating online merchants, the merchant automatically recognizes your MasterCard at the time of the transaction.
Q: What happens when I use my SecureCode at a participating merchant?

A: When you make a purchase at a participating merchant and enter your registered MasterCard payment details, you will automatically be prompted by your financial institution to enter your SecureCode. After reviewing the details of your purchase and confirming that your personal greeting is correct, simply type in your SecureCode to complete your purchase.
Q: What is a personal greeting?

A: The personal greeting is a message that you create during sign-up. Each time you make an online purchase at a participating merchant, you will be prompted to enter your SecureCode. At that time, you'll see your personal greeting and other purchase details. The personal greeting is your assurance that you are communicating with your financial institution.

If the personal greeting displayed in the pop-up box is incorrect, you should not enter your SecureCode. You should contact customer service immediately by calling the number on the back of your enrolled MasterCard, and report a possible fraud.
Q: How will SecureCode change the online purchase process?

A: The online purchase process will not change other than that you will be prompted to provide your SecureCode during checkout. Your SecureCode will never be revealed to the merchant during the checkout process.
Q: Will I be able to make purchases at merchants that accept MasterCard, but do not participate in SecureCode?

A: If you make a purchase at a merchant that does not participate in SecureCode, you will not be asked for your SecureCode. You will continue to be protected from unauthorized purchases by Zero Liability from MasterCard.
Q: I am a merchant who would like to offer SecureCode to my customers. How do I get more information?

A: For information on participating in MasterCard SecureCode, please visit SecureCode Merchant.
Q: How is SecureCode different from Zero Liability?

A: Using MasterCard SecureCode provides added security to prevent your card from unauthorized use. Exceptions apply. Zero Liability provides coverage if your card has been used fraudulently.
Q: Where can I view terms and conditions for SecureCode?

A: Please visit your financial institution's Web site for the terms and conditions specific to your card.
Q: Where can I review the privacy policy for SecureCode?

A: Please visit your financial institution's Web site to review the privacy policy specific to your card.
Q: Questions not answered here?

A: If your question is not listed, we recommend that you contact the financial institution that issued your account as only they hold information specific to your account. Typically, there is a customer service number for your financial institution on the back of the card. You can always contact the MasterCard Assistance Center either toll free at 1-800-627-8372 or collect at 1-636-722-7111. If you believe that your question can only be answered by MasterCard, click here to submit your question.
Q: How does MasterCard SecureCode work?

A: When a cardholder submits their online order at a participating merchant, MasterCard SecureCode performs the following to ensure that the cardholder is authorized to make this transaction:

Initiates an in-line window from the card issuer prompting the cardholder to enter their unique personal code.
The issuer validates the personal code and approves the transaction.

Q: Does MasterCard SecureCode also support cards with the Maestro brand?

A: Yes. MasterCard SecureCode provides a way for issuers to support Maestro debit transactions online, which enables cross-border transactions with merchants in countries where debit is more established than credit.
Q: Am I required to display the MasterCard SecureCode program logo on my site?

A: Yes. Once you have successfully completed testing, MasterCard will provide you with the MasterCard SecureCode logo to display on your Web site in accordance with MasterCard guidelines. This lets customers know you are doing your part to make their transactions safer.
Q: Who do I contact for assistance with MasterCard SecureCode?

A: If have a MasterCard SecureCode, you must contact the financial institution that issued your MasterCard if you encounter any issues. Click here to find your financial institution. Please note that if your financial institution is not listed, it does not offer SecureCode.
8th December 2015, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

What are the advantages of Citibank mastercard securecode? I have no Citibank mastercard can provide some information related Citibank mastercard ?
8th December 2015, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Dear sir we provides you information related to Citibank mastercard along with procedure to get secure your master card

Advantages of Citibank mastercard:

Added protection to keep transactions private

MasterCard SecureCode is a private code for your MasterCard account that gives you an additional layer of online shopping security. Only you and your financial institution know what your code is — merchants aren't able to see it.
Accepted around the world

More than one million online merchants in 122 countries support transactions made with SecureCode. Look for the logo when you're providing your payment information.

Fast, simple, convenient
SecureCode works with your existing MasterCard account. Plus, it's easy to activate and use.

Easy enrolment/ procedure to create securecode

1. Enter your card number
Click the "SIGN UP" button above, find your bank's website and create your private code. Use it every time you shop online at a participating merchant.

CITI BANK WBSITE

2. Verify your identity
To enroll, you will be asked to confirm your identity by providing answers to security questions.

3. Create your SecureCode
Once you have answered the security questions, you will be asked to create your secure code.

Registration is complete
Once you have created your SecureCode, your enrollment is complete and you are ready to begin shopping online

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in