2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th January 2020, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Re: Chemistry department of Vidyasagar University

Can you provide me the syllabus for M.Sc. in Chemistry Program offered by Department of Chemistry and Chemical Technology of Vidyasagar University?
29th January 2020, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Chemistry department of Vidyasagar University

The syllabus for M.Sc. in Chemistry Program offered by Department of Chemistry and Chemical Technology of Vidyasagar University is as follows:

Sem-I

CEM – 101 (Physical Chemistry)

Unit-1: Mathematical Preliminaries & Quantum Mechanics‐I
Elements of Calculus, Extremum Principles, Constrained Extremization, powerer Series, Fourier transformation, Vectors and vector space, Differential equations.
Postulates and their analysis, Properties of Operators and Commutators, angular momentum operator, Equation of Motion, Stationary States, Ehrenfest‟s Theorems, Barrier problems.

Unit-2: Statistical Thermodynamics and Mechanics
Thermodynamic equation of state, Partial molar quantities, thermodynamics of mixing, activity and fugacity‐applications in real systems, Nernst heat theorem, third law of thermodynamics, Phase cell, macrostate, microstate, thermodynamical probability and entropy, Maxwell‐Boltzmann, Bose‐Einstein and Fermi‐Dirac statistics. Partition functions of diatoms (translational, rotational, vibrational and electronic).

Unit-3: Electrochemistry-I
Debye Huckel theory, its modifications and extensions, mean ionic activity co‐efficients, ion
association, and precise determination of dissociation constants of weak electrolytes by method of emf and conductance measurements, ion‐solvent interaction and solvation number.

Unit: 4: Principle of Molecular Spectroscopy-I
General introduction, nature of electromagnetic radiation, shapes & width of spectral lines,
Intensity of spectral lines, Fourier transform.
Microwave Spectroscopy: Moment of Inertia and Classification of molecules, Diatomic molecule as rigid rotator, non rigid rotator, Hyperfine Structures, Stark Effect and determination of Dipole moment Infrared Spectroscopy: Vibrational Spectra of diatomic Molecules, Harmonic Oscillator model, Anhermonic oscillator model, Rotational Vibrational spectra of diatomic molecules.

Syllabus M.Sc. in Chemistry Vidyasagar University

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Syllabus M.Sc. in Chemistry Vidyasagar University.pdf (972.0 KB, 57 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in