2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th June 2015, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

CET Sports Quota Eligibility

I want to apply for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test CET under sports quota so tell me the eligibility criteria required to apply for this exam under sports quota? How many seats are reserved in Karnataka Common Entrance Test CET under sports quota?
Similar Threads
Thread
MBBS Sports Quota
Sports Quota MBA Colleges
Sports quota in NIT Kurukshetra
Sports Quota In CUSAT
Sports quota in CLAT
Sports Quota in AIPMT
Cut off for Sports Quota
Sports Quota In Allahabad University
SSC Sports Quota Recruitment
EAMCET Sports Quota
Sports Quota In KEAM
Sports Quota in APPSC
RRC Chennai Sports Quota
Bits Pilani Sports Quota
CRPF Recruitment Sports Quota
ONGC Sports Quota
Osmania University Sports Quota
NIT Kurukshetra Sports Quota
Sports Quota in IIT JEE Exam or not
Sports Quota Eligibility Criteria
24th December 2015, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Re: CET Sports Quota Eligibility

Hi I would like to know the eligibility for the CET sports quota under Karnataka Examination Authority as I would like to know if I am eligible?
24th December 2015, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) has altered the eligibility rules for professional courses seats under the sports quota. Every year, nearly at least 300 applicants were selected under the sports category.

From this year, applicants would be required to furnish certificates of their participation in national-level events, from sports federations authenticated by the state department of youth services and sports.

Reservation for SPORTS Special category:-

Applicants who have represented the country and won medals / cups in SUPER-A Games specified in Appendix – IV during the five-year period of study in Karnataka between 8th and 12th standards;

Applicants who have represented the country and won medals / cups in ‘A – Games’ specified in Appendix – IV during the five-year period of study in Karnataka between 8th and 12th standards;

Applicants who have won medals / cups in ‘B-Games’ specified in Appendix – IV by representing Karnataka State and participated in the SUPER-A Games or A-Games specified in Appendix – IV during the five-year period of study in Karnataka between 8th and 12th standards;

Applicants who have represented Karnataka State in ‘B-Games’ specified in Appendix – IV and won medals / cups during the five-year period of study in Karnataka between 8th and 12th standards;

Applicants who have represented Karnataka State in any sports / games in ‘BGames’ specified in Appendix – IV during the five-year period of study in Karnataka between 8th and 12th standards.

Provided that for selection of a reserved seat in Sports category, the Applicants who belong to sub-clause (i) shall be considered first; Applicants who belong to sub-clause (ii) shall be considered second; Applicants who belong to sub-clause (iii) shall be considered third and Applicants who belong to sub-clause (iv) shall be considered fourth before considering the Applicants belonging to sub-clause (v).

Provided supplementary to that, while considering the Applicants mentioned in sub-clauses (I), (ii), (iii) and (iv), gold medal winners will be preferred to silver medalist’s who in turn will be preferred to bronze medalist’s under the respective sub-clauses, irrespective of the number of medals.

Provided also that the Commissioner for Youth Services and Sports or his sanctioned nominee shall be present in the KEA on the appointed days along with the list of eligible Applicants to assist in the selection of Applicants under Sports category.

The Commissioner for Youth Services and Sports or his sanctioned nominee is the final authority to decide the Applicant’s eligibility under Sports category. Further, KEA shall not be alleged responsible in this regard. Applicants belonging to Scouts & Guides, Defence, Ex-Defence and Anglo-Indian i. e., subclauses (c), (d), (e) and (g) below, will be considered for allotment of seats in the respective special category seats as per their merit order ONLY in the general Admission Round of allotment of seats along with the other General Merit and Reserved Category Applicants.
11th December 2019, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell me about the Agriculturist Quota for admission in Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc & A.H) Program through Karnataka CET?
11th December 2019, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

The details for admission in Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc & A.H) Program through Karnataka CET are as follows:

Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka CET

 One must be a citizen of India.

 One who has passed the qualifying exam other than the universities listed in the notification at VTU Website is not eligible and one who has passed from Karnataka State Open University is also not eligible.

 One who is appearing in the qualifying exam, i.e., 2nd PUC / 12th Standard in 2019 whose result is awaited, may apply and appear for Common Entrance Test 2019 but one shall not be eligible to any of the course specified, if one does not pass the qualifying exam with the required pass percentage of marks.

Academic Eligibility for various Professional Courses

Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc & A.H.):

 Passed in 2nd PUC/12th standard and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects (40% for SC/ST/Cat-1, 2A, 3A and 3B category candidates).

 Criteria for Determination of Merit/Rank:

By taking marks in equal proportions in QE and CET in PCMB subjects (No minimum marks prescribe in CET).

For Agriculturist Quota, the merit list will be prepared based on 25% marks each, secured in concerned combination in II-year PUC (PCMB) and CET and %0% marks secured in the Practical Test. In case of B.V.Sc and AH merit will be prepared based on 50% of marks secured in CET - Physic, Chemistry, and Biology) and 50% marks secured in the Practical test.

Minimum of 50% marks in Practical Exam is required to claim seats under Agriculturist Quota. Further, Agriculturist Quota is applicable only for courses of Farm Science and B.V.Sc & A.H.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in