2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

16th April 2015, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Centre For Neuroscience Indian Institute Of Science

I want to apply for the job in Centre For Neuroscience Indian Institute Of Science so please tell me is there any latest recruitment notification published by the Centre For Neuroscience Indian Institute Of Science? Give me the details about the number of post available; also tell me the eligibility criteria required for it?
Similar Threads
Thread
Centre for Sustainable Technologies Indian Institute of Science
Baba Loknath Indian Institute of Pharmacy Science and Research Centre
Centre for Contemporary Studies Indian Institute of Science
Centre for Ecological Sciences Indian Institute of Science
Indian Institute of Neuroscience Kolkata
Indian Institute Of Science Earth Science
Centre for Environmental Science and Engineering Indian Institute of Technology Bomba
Indian Institute Of Science Materials Research Centre
Indian Statistical Institute Tezpur Centre
Indian Institute Of Science Centre
Neuroscience Institute for Schizophrenia and Allied Disorders
Indian Institute of Science Bachelor of Science
Supercomputer Education and Research Centre Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
Indian Institute of Science Centre for Ecological Sciences
Krishna Institute of Medical Science & Research Centre Secunderabad
Broad Institute Neuroscience
Neuroscience Institute GW
Neuroscience Institute Portugal
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore PhD Biological Science entrance exam syllabus
CNR Institute Of Neuroscience Pisa
22nd July 2018, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Re: Centre For Neuroscience Indian Institute Of Science

I want to get the details of PhD Program offered by the Centre for NeuroScience, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore so can you tell me?
22nd July 2018, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Centre For Neuroscience Indian Institute Of Science

The IISc Centre for NeuroScience CNS PhD program is designed to provide a solid foundation of neuroscience for students with absolutely no prior background/ experience in neuroscience.

PhD Program

PhD students are provided with a monthly stipend (per institute norms) and with accommodation in the student hostels at IISc.

Eligibility

Master degree in any branch of Science or four-year Bachelors degree in any branch of Medicine/ Engineering/ Technology/ Agriculture/ Veterinary Science/ Pharmacy

Candidates who opt for PhD program should possess valid Certificates in one of the national entrance tests such as GATE / CSIR-UGC NET for JRF / UGC NET for JRF/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ JEST / NBHM Screening Test / INSPIRE fellows (for Ph D).

Students with a 3-year BSc degree are not eligible for the direct PhD programme and must apply to the Integrated PhD programme.

Admission-

Admissions to the Phd program are typically announced in January with an application deadline in April.

Candidates are then shortlisted for the interviews which typically are held in the first week of June.

The interview results are announced during that week itself.

Selected PhD students join IISc in the first week of August.

Interview process

They conduct two rounds of interviews for shortlisted candidates.

Their interview questions are based on the premise that, if you understand your own undergraduate subjects well, there is a good chance that you will also understand fully the neuroscience that you are taught here.

Apart from questions related to your undergraduate curriculum, they expect you to be comfortable with basic mathematics at the 10th class level.

The interview results are announced within a day or two after they are completed.

Contact-

Centre For Neuroscience
Old TIFR building
Indian Institute Science
Bangalore-560012. India.

Tel: +91 80 2293 3431
Fax: +91 80 2360 3323
Email: office.cns[at]iisc.ac.in

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in