2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th October 2014, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Re: CDS Exam eligibility:

The CDS Exam is conducted two times in a year. This exam provides opportunities to all people to pursue a career which helps them to serve for the nation. The UPSC organize a Combined Defence Services Examination.

Eligibility:
The applicant must have one of the following Nationalities:
Indian Military Academy or
Naval Academy or
Air Force Academy or
Officers Training Academy

Age Limit:

For Indian Military Academy (IMA):

Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1991 and not later than 1st July, 1996 only are eligible.

For Indian Naval Academy (INA):

Unmarried Male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1991 and not later than 01st July, 1996 only are eligible.

For Air Force Academy (AFA):

Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July, 1992 and not later than 01st July, 1996 only are eligible

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION

The applicants who want to apply For CDS exam, applicants can be 12th exam pass from any stream but for entry to Air Force and Navy, candidates should have studied physics and math’s up to Class 12
15th June 2015, 05:15 PM

CDS exam eligibility

Dear sir,

Now i am studying B.COM computer applications i want to go for cdse and ota how can i apply for this in degree final year please let me know the details Thank you
18th July 2015, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

CDS Exam Eligibility

Hello sir would you please tell me what is the eligibility criteria for the Combined Defence Services (CDS) exam??? Do you have any idea about this then please tell me fast…
18th July 2015, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Re: CDS Exam Eligibility

Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

ELIGIBILITY
Nationality: A candidates must either be:
(i) a Citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) a subject of Nepal, or
(iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st July, 1962 with the intention of permanently setting in India, or a person of India origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt of India

Age Limits, Sex And Marital Status
For Indian Military Academy (IMA):
Unmarried male applicants born not earlier than 02nd July 1992 and not later than 1st July 1997 only are eligible

For Indian Naval Academy (INA): Unmarried Male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1992 and not later than 01st July 1997 only are eligible

For Air Force Academy (AFA) - Age: 20 to 24 years as on 01st July 2016 i.e. born not earlier than 02nd July 1992 and not later than 01 July 1996 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 02nd July 1990 and not later than 01st July 1996) only are eligible
Note: Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried

For Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 02nd July 1991 and not later than 01st July 1997 only are eligible

For Officer Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorces (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible
They should have been born not earlier than July , 1991 and not later than 1st July 1997 are eligible

Educational Qualification:

Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy: candidates must have Degree from a recognized university or equivalent

For Indian Naval Academy: Applicants must have engineering degree from a recognized university or equivalent

For Air Force Academy: Applicants must have degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level

Scheme of Examination:

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in