2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th July 2015, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

CDLU LLB Syllabus

I want to take admission in 3 year LLB Course offered at Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa . Will you please provide the syllabus for an idea ?
Similar Threads
Thread
CDLU University Syllabus
CDLU BED Syllabus
CDLU Pre Phd
BBA in CDLU
VC Of CDLU
CDLU MA English Syllabus
Syllabus of B.Ed of CDLU
CDLU M Ed
B.Ed Result Of CDLU
CDLU MBA Syllabus
BBA Syllabus CDLU
CDLU Law Syllabus
Mba cdlu
CDLU Result of M.Com
CDLU B.Sc Syllabus
H B.Ed CDLU
Cdlu mca syllabus
CDLU M.Sc
CDLU B.Com Ist Sem Result
PHD from CDLU
29th July 2015, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Re: CDLU LLB Syllabus

Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa was established in the year 2003. It is located at Sirsa, Haryana, India and affiliated to UGC .

It offers 3 year LLB Course .

Eligibility :

Applicants must be Graduate or Post Graduate Degree from any recognized university with 45% Marks.

Syllabus –
Semester-I

Nomenclature
Law of Crimes (Penal Code) – I
Law of Contract – I
Family Law-I
Constitutional Law of India-I
Law of Torts including MV Accident and

Semester-II
Nomenclature
Law of Crimes (Indian Penal Code) - II
Law of Contract - II
Family Law-II
Constitutional Law of India-II
Professional Ethics and Professional

Semester-III
Nomenclature
Jurisprudence
Environmental Law
Criminal Procedure
Administrative Law
Human Rights and International Law

Semester-IV
Nomenclature
Penology and Victimlogy (Optional Paper – I)
Criminal Procedure Code, 1973-2 Including
Juvenile Justice (Care & Protection) Act, 2000
And Probation of offenders Act, 1959
Labour and Industrial Laws
Optional Paper II
Intellectual Property Rights Management
Optional Paper III
Banking Law including Negotiable Instrument Act

Unit – I
Crime Definition, Nature, Elements of Crime, Stages of Crime, Territorial Jurisdiction; (Section 1-5), General Explanation (Sections 6-52-A)
Punishments (Sections 53-75), General Exceptions (Section 76-106), Abetment (Section – 107-120)

Unit – II
Criminal Conspiracy (Section 120-A, 120-B)
Offences against the State (Sections 121-124-A)
Offences against the Public Tranquility (Sections – 141-160)
Offences by or relating to Public Servants (Sections 161-171)

Unit – III
Contempts of the Lawful Authority of Public Servants (Sections 172-190)
False Evidence (Sections 191-193), Offences affecting life (Sections 299-311)

Unit - IV
Causing Miscarriage, etc. (Sections 312-318)
Hurt and Grievous hurt (Sections 319-338)
Wrongful Restraint and Wrongful Confinement (Sections 339-341).
Leading Case:
Kehar Singh and others v. The State (Delhi Adm.) 1989 Cr. L.J.I (S.C.)
Gyan Kaur V. State of Punjab (1996) 2 SCC 648
Shri Bodhistwa Gautam V. Miss Subhra Charkroborty, A.I.R. 1996 SC. 922
Lily Thomas v. Union of India, A.I.R. 2000 SC. 1650
Law of Contract – I (Paper II, Code: 302)

Unit – I
General features and nature of contractual obligations; Freedom of contract; contracts by Central and state Governments (Art. 299 of the Indian Constitution); Standard and Printed forms of contract – Their nature and unilateral character. Agreement and Contract – Definitions and essential elements, Proposal and Acceptance- Definition, their communication and revocation, postal, telephone and telex Communication (Sections 2-9); Proposal and invitations for proposal; General offer; cross-offer, Standing offer.

Unit – II
Capacity to contract – meaning – incapacity arising out of unsound mind; Minor’s Agreement – Nature and scope definition of minor; Necessaries supplied to a minor, Minor’s Agreement and Estoppel; Agreement beneficial and determental to the minor; ratification of minor’s Agreement (Sections 10-12, 68), Consent and Free consent – Definition and need of free consent, Violability of Agreement without free consent (Section 19), factors vitiating free consent (Section – 19A), Coercion – Definition – essential elements; doctrine of duress; Coercion and duress (Section – 15), Undue influence – Definition – Essential elements, Illustrations of undue influence, Agreement with Pardanashin women (Section – 16), Misrepresentation: Definition, misrepresentation of law and of fact their effects and illustration (Section-18), Fraud – Definition – essential elements – when does silence amounts to fraud? Active concealment of facts – importance of intention. Fraud and misrepresentation (Section – 17)., Mistake – Consideration – nudum pactum, its need, meaning essential elements; privity of contract with Exceptions, adequacy of consideration, past, executed and executor consideration, Exception to consideration (Section – 2(d) and 25).
Unlawful Agreements: Lawful and unlawful considerations and objects: Void, Voidable and unlawful agreements and their effects.

Unit – III
Void Agreements:-
Agreements without consideration (Section – 25), Agreement in restrain of marriage (Section-26), Agreement in restraint of trade with exceptions (Section-27), Agreement in restraint of legal proceedings with exceptions (Section – 28), Uncertain Agreements (Section – 29), Wagering Agreement-Definition and essentials, with exceptions (Section-30), Continengent contract – Definition and Enforcement (Section – 31-36), Performance of Contracts, Joint promises, time and place of performance (Section 37-50), Reciprocal Promises- Their meaning, scope and performance (Section-51-54), Time-when essence of contract-meaning and illustrations (Section-55), Impossibility of performance – meaning and scope; Doctrine of Frustration with illustrations (Section – 56), Appropriation of payments (Section 59-61); Contracts which need not be performed – novation, rescission and alteration of contract, dispensation and remission of performance (Section 62-67). Quasi Contracts or certain relations resembling those created by contract (Sections 68-72). Breach of contract, anticipatory breach and consequences of breach, Damages – remoteness of damage, measures of damages, Kinds of damages, penalty and liquidated damages (Section – 73-75).

Unit – IV
Specific – Relief – Meaning and General Principles. Specific performance of contracts – Contracts specifically enforceable parties in relation to specific performance (Sections 9-25); Rectification and cancellation of instruments (Section 26, 31-33) Rescission of Contracts (Sections 27-30).
Leading Case:
Bhagandas Goverdhadas Kedia V. Girdhari Lal Purshotamdas & Co. AIR 1966 SC 543.
M.C. Chacko V. State Bank of Travancore, A.I.R. 1970 SC 504.
Gujarat Bottling Co. Ltd. V. Coca-Cola Company, A.I.R. 1995 SC 2372.
State of West Bengal V. B.K. Mondal & Sons. A.I.R. 1962 SC 779.
State of M.P. V. Mangilal Sharma, A.I.R. 1998 SC 743.
Statutory Material:
The Indian Contract Ac 1872 (Sections 1-75).
The Specific Relief Act, 1963.
Constitution of India (Art. 299).
Family Law –I (Paper III, Code: 303)

Unit – I
Hindu Law & its Sources, Schools of Hindu Law, Hindu Joint Family, Features of Mitakshra and Dayabhaga Joint Families, Coparcenary, Classification of Property, Karta of Joint Family, Position, Liabilities and Powers of Karta. Karta’s powers of Alienation Coparcener’s Power of Alienation, Coparcener’s Right of Challenge Improper Alienation, Alience’s Rights and Remedies.

Unit – II
Concept of Hindu Marriage-Its Evolution and nature, The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 and its application, Essential Conditions for valid Hindu Marriage, Ceremonies for valid Hindu Marriage, Ceremonies of Marriage, Registration of Hindu Marriages, Remedy of Restitution of Conjugal Rights Void and Voidable Marriages, Judicial Separation and Divorce, Grounds for Divorce and Judicial Separation, Fair Trial Rule, Legitimacy of Children, Jurisdiction, Bars to Matrimonial Remedies, Ancillary Reliefs, Permanent Alimony and Maintenance, Custody etc.

Unit – III
The Hindu Succession Act, 1956, Effects of the Hindu (Succession) Amendment, 2005, Rules of Succession to the Property of Hindu Male, Succession to the Property of Hindu Female, Succession to the Mitakshara Coparcener’s Interest, General Rules of Succession, Partition, Subject Matter of Partition, Persons who have a Right to Partition & Right to Share, Persons who are entitled to Share if Partition takes place, Modes of Partition, How Partition is effected, Partial Partition, Reopening of Partition, Re-Union.

Unit – IV
The Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act, 1956, Concept of Minority and Guardianship, Natural Guardians and their Powers, Testamentary Guardian, Appointment and Powers, Certified Guardian, Defecto Guardian, Guardian By Affinity, The Hindu Adoptions & Maintenance Act, 1956, Nature of Adoption, Essential Conditions for Valid Adoption, Effects of Adoption, Registration of Adoption, Maintenance As Personal Obligation, Maintenance of Dependents, Quantum of Maintenance, Maintenance as a Charge on Property.

Unit – I
Preamble
Fundamental Rights in General (Art 12-13)
Right to Equality (Art 14-18)
Right to Freedom (Art -19)

Unit – II
Right to Freedom (Art 20, 21, 22)
Right against Exploitation (Art 23-24)
Right to Freedom of Religion (Art 25-28)
Cultural and Educational Rights (Article 29-30).

Unit – III
Right to Property (Art 300-A, 31A – 31-B)
Fundamental duties (Art – 51A)
Directive Principles of State Policy (Art 36-51).
Writ Jurisdiction (Art 32 & 226).
Prescribed Case:

Unit – IV
Independence of the Judiciary
Supreme Court of India-Establishment Jurisdiction and Powers (Art 124-145)
High Courts in the State (Art 214-227).
Public Interest LItigation
Leading Case:
Indira Sawhney V. Union of India, AIR 1993 SC 477
Valsamma Paul V. Cochin University, AIR 1996 SC 1011
Gaurav Jain V. Union of India, AIR 1997 SC 3021.
Supreme Court Advocates on Record Association V. Union of India AIR 1994 SC 268.
law of torts including mv accident and consumer protection laws–I (Paper V, Code: 305)

Unit – I
Definition, nature and development of Tort
General conditions of tortuous liability
General conditions negating tortuous liability

Unit – II
Trespass to person.
Battery, Assault and False Imprisonment
Malicious Prosecution, Defamation
Trespass to goods.

Unit – III

Trespass to immovable property
Nuisance
Negligence including contributory negligence
Vicarious Liability
Strict Liability
Remoteness of Damage

Unit – IV
Compensation provisions under motor Vehicle Act, 1988;
Compulsory Insurance, Nature and Extent of Insurer’s liability, Insurer’s liability for use of the vehicle in public place, claims tribunal.
Consumer Protection Act, 1986
Meaning Scope and Importance
Consumer Disputes Redressal Agencies (Section 9-25)
Remedies and Penalities (Section 26-27).
Leading Case:
Lucknow Development Authority V. M.K. Gupta, AIR 1994 S.C. 787
Rudul Shah V. State of Bihar, AIR 1983 S.C. 1086.
Ratlam Municipality V. Virdhichand, AIR 1980 S.C. 1622.
M.C. Mehta V. Union of India, AIR 1987 S.C. 1086
K.S.R.T.C. V. Arun, AIR 2004 Kant. 149 (F.B.).
Indian Medical Association V. V.P. Shantha & Others, AIR 1996 S.C. 550.

Contact Details :
Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa
Barnala Road, Sirsa, Haryana 125055
0166 624 8052
4th August 2015, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

Re: CDLU LLB Syllabus

I have heard that there is a miscrent teacher Rajesh Malik in this institute.who used to quarrel with the teachers and students.Tell me that why such a black sheep should not be expelled from this institute to maintain decipline.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in