2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

12th May 2018, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Re: CBSE Proficiency Test in Science

I want to get the details of Central Board of Secondary Education CBSE Proficiency Test in Science so can you provide me?
12th May 2018, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Re: CBSE Proficiency Test in Science

CBSE Proficiency test is an paper-pen based optional examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi to assess the individual abilities and skills of CBSE students in various subjects.

The CBSE Proficiency Test in Science aims to test higher level competencies in the subject which include

Knowledge of the facts/laws/concepts/principles of the subject and appreciation of their inter-relationship
Ability to apply the above knowledge to understand relevant daily life situations
Ability to apply the above knowledge to new and unfamiliar situations
Ability to solve problems requiring the application of the above knowledge
Ability to interpret numerical data, graphs, etc.
Ability to understand experimental and measurement aspects of Science.

Eligibility -

Any student studying in secondary or senior secondary school affiliated to is eligible to appear in this test. Every student appearing in the test will be issued a certificate by the Board indicating percentile rank.

Exam pattern-

All questions are compulsory.

The questions are divided into three sections:

Section I:

Questions 1 to 9 are Multiple Choice Questions. Each multiple choice question has four options out of which only ONE option is correct. Each correct answer earns a credit of 2 marks. A wrong answer carries a penalty of 3 mark.

Section II:

Questions 10 to 12 are Numerical Questions. Each correct answer earns a credit of 4 marks. There is no negative marking for these questions.

Section III:

Questions 13 to 15 are Column-matching Questions. In these questions, there are 3 items in the left column (Column I) and 6 options in the right column (Column II). You have to match each item in Column I with ALL the correct options in Column II. For each item in Column I, you earn 2 marks if all correct matches in Column II are indicated, and no incorrect matches are indicated.

There is no negative marking for these questions.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in