2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th March 2016, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

CBS MBA Application

Hello sir, I am Roger Nadal. I am from Houston. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the MBA application requirements of Columbia Business School (CBS). Can you help me?
Similar Threads
Thread
JNU Application Fee
Application for MBA
Upm MBA application
HHL MBA Application
Dcu MBA application
SJU MBA Application
Lie on MBA application
USB MBA Application
UUM MBA Application
MBA MIT Application
HEC MBA Application
LIU OT Application
GRE Application Fee
PTU Application
NID application from where to get
GATE Application Online Application
Application status of Civil Service application form
PSC application Application form Kerala
EIL Application
ANU OD Application
19th March 2016, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Re: CBS MBA Application

As you have asked about the MBA application requirements of Columbia Business School (CBS), I am giving you information about it, check below for the details
Application Requirements

Transcripts
A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution is required for admission to Columbia Business School. Applicants should scan and submit PDF versions of transcripts from each college and university they have attended as a registered student.

GPA
Applicants should report their grade point average as it appears on their transcript.

GMAT or GRE Score
All applicants must submit a self-reported GMAT or GRE score. Scores are valid for five years. Columbia Business School’s GMAT code is QF8-N6-36 and its GRE code is 6442.

International Applicants
International students who do not have a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree from an institution in which all instruction is conducted in English must take either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), the PTE (Pearson Test of English), or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System).

Essays

Applicants must complete one short answer question and three essays.

Short Answer Question:
What is your immediate post-MBA professional goal? (50 characters maximum)

Examples of possible responses:
“Work in business development for a media company.”
“Join a strategy consulting firm.”
“Launch a data-management start-up.”

Essay 1:
Through your resume and recommendations, we have a clear sense of your professional path to date. What are your career goals going forward, and how will the Columbia MBA help you achieve them? (Maximum 500 words)

Essay 2:
Columbia Business School’s location enables us to bridge theory and practice in multiple ways: through Master Classes, internships, the New York Immersion Seminars, and, most importantly, through a combination of distinguished research faculty and accomplished practitioners. How will you take advantage of being “at the very center of business”? (Maximum 250 words)

Essay 3:
CBS Matters, a key element of the School’s culture, allows the people in your Cluster to learn more about you on a personal level. What will your Clustermates be pleasantly surprised to learn about you? (Maximum 250 words)

Optional Essay:
An optional fourth essay will allow you to discuss any issues that do not fall within the purview of the required essays.

Knight-Bagehot Fellows:
Rather than answer Essay 1, current Knight-Bagehot Fellows applying to Columbia Business School should use the space allocated to the first essay (500 words) to complete the Wiegers Fellowship application essay.

Wiegers Fellowship Essay Question:
What are your career goals? How has the Knight-Bagehot Fellowship affected these goals? How will an MBA help you achieve these goals? (500 words maximum)

Recommendations
All first-time applications require two recommendations. Reapplicants are required to submit one new recommendation.

Interview
Applicants may be invited to interview with one of our alumni.

Application Fee
The non-refundable application fee for the Columbia Business School MBA Program is US$250.

Columbia University
3022 Broadway,
New York, NY 10027
212-854-5553

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in