2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th November 2014, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Caste Certificate in Maharashtra

The caste certificate is significant and helpful document through which the documentation having civilian can get the various kinds of capability. The certificate is a evidence that you belongs to that exacting caste for which you are having it. The certificate will provides you various kinds of benefits like the under the reservation quota in Maharashtra state.

Maharashtra Caste Certificate:

Obtain Caste Certificate Procedure:

Any occupant desiring to obtain the Caste Certificate has to apply for certificate and fill the application in the prescribed Performa available at the Mumbai City Collector's office.

Documents Required for Caste Certificate: Maharashtra

Certificate will be issued normally within 15 days after submission of documents.

• All documents should be attested.

• No. Document Qty Req. / Optional Type

• Application duly signed by the Applicant 1 Required Original.

• Rs. 5 Court Fee Stamp 1 Required.

• Bonafide Certificate/School Leaving Certificate of Candidate. 1 Required Original.

• School leaving Certificate of Parent or Guardian -(e.g. Father, Uncle, Brother, Grand Father, Father's Sister, Cousin Brother, Cousin Uncle, Cousin Grandfather or Great Grandfather) or Village Form No. 14 1 Required Xerox(Attested).

• Residence Proof (Ration Card /Rent / Maintenance Receipt / Landline Telephone Bill / Electricity Bill) 1 Required Xerox(Attested).

• Affidavit in Prescribed Format.

• All submitted documents with their details should be mentioned in Affidavit.

• Any mistake in Name/Surname should be mentioned in detail with reasons in Affidavit.

• If Caste proof is of Grand Father/Great Grand Father/Cousin Uncle/Cousin Brother/Cousin Grand Father, etc. then Family Tree should be mentioned in Affidavit. 1 Required Original

• Caste Certificate of Parents i.e. Father/Grandfather/Aunty (Father's Sister)/Uncle (Blood Relation). Please Note that the Caste Certificate should have been issued by Competent Authority or Caste Validity Certificate issued by Caste Scrutiny Committee/ Village No.14, Service Book relevant page extract copy where caste is mentioned. 1 Required Xerox(Attested).

• Community Certificate (Samaj Certificate) 1 Required Xerox(Attested).

• Government Gazette Copy required if there is a change in name. 1 Optional Xerox(Attested).

• For Married Women, Government Gazette, Change Name Copy or Marriage Certificate is required.

An applicant who has migrated from other States/ Districts has to produce the caste certificate issued to his/her father/ grandfather by the competent authority of that State/District.

Address of Mumbai City Collector office:

General Branch Mumbai City
Collector Office,Mumbai City
District,Ground Floor,Old
Custom House,Mumbai
2nd March 2016, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want to get the caste certificate so can you tell me that how can I get the same in the Maharashtra and the documents required
2nd March 2016, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

The caste certificate gives facilities to every applicant from the Government of India.

You can get the certificate by a filling a form of Caste Certificate from the Collector’s Office and submit that to the below address I have given

Timing for submitting applications and collecting the certificates:

Applications will be accepted between 10.30 am to 1.00 pm

Certificates will be issued between 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm

Documents required

All attested copies of the first page and the last page of the Ration Card/ voter id card.

If in case of married women then she needs to produce her school leaving certificate/
extract of her birth certificate.

Marriage certificate or marriage invitation card copy.From Where to Obtain the
Application Form for Caste Certificate

Age Proof Documents.

Family income certificate by any GazetteD Officer which shows full name, post and
seal.

Jamabandi (Patta) Land Revenue.

Recent paid Electricity,Water, Telephone Bill.

7/12 Extract of Land belonging to the Applicant and his/her family.

Affidavit to support the given documents.

Address

Mumbai City District –

Ground floor of Old Custom House at Fort, Mumbai 400 001

Mumbai Suburban District – 10th Floor, Administrative Building, Opp. Chetna

College, Bandra (East), Mumbai 400 051.
30th September 2016, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

does obc lingayat caste get certificate
19th September 2017, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Is the caste certificate necessary for open category (Brahmin) student ?
2nd December 2017, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

my daughter is three years old and she is born in ghatkopar, mumbai so where should i apply for caste certificate we belong to sc caste

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in