2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th November 2014, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Career opportunities after Company Secretary Course?

As you want to know the opportunities after Company Secretary Course so, here I am providing you that after completing training candidates need to gain membership to the ICAI before they can start practicing as a CA.

Those who are wishing to practice in India or abroad needs to obtain a Certificate of Practice from the ICAI. The yearly fee of which is 400rs.

Once the membership is taken, the practicing member cannot work in any other business or occupation without taking permission from the council.
Candidates are only permitted to work in areas as specified in the CA regulations.

You can get jobs in companies like:

Banks (Both private and public)

Public Limited Companies (mandatory for the purpose of law)

Auditing Firms (such as KPMG, Price Waterhouse, etc.)

Finance Companies, Mutual Funds, Portfolio Management Companies, Investment Houses,
Stock Broking Firms

Legal firms, Legal houses, Patent Firms, attorneys, Trade Mark and Copyright Registers
7th January 2016, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

I was completed my Company Secretary Course. After this course I was founding some job in private and government sector. Is there any career opportunities available for CS?
7th January 2016, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

After Company Secretary Course graduates can get job in Government as well as in private sector. Main duty of a company secretary is to work with company officials, the board of directors and other officers as to ensure the proper functioning of the company as per the norms and regulations.

After CS course candidate can placed in A few of the major cities that offer jobs to company secretaries include:

Chennai
Kolkata
Ahmedabad
Mumbai
Hyderabad
Gurgaon
Bangalore
Pune
Chandigarh
Delhi

After CS course many private sector firms also take in company secretaries in their companies. Because of the focus to the development of the corporate sector, there is a huge involvement of legalities of diverse kinds.

They can get job in various government sectors like:

Airport Authority of India
Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML)
Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)
State Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited

In public sector jobs for CS:

Accounts Branch of the Central Government Law Services
Bureau of Public Enterprises
Government Financial Institutions
Stock Exchanges

Tags
aai

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in