2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

12th November 2014, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Career for Nautical and Marine Engineers

A airnautical field student can get jobs in areas of design, manufacture and maintenance of aircraft and space craft.

Marine Engineering is the one of the most interesting and demanding field which includes engineering of boats, ships, oil rigs and any other marine vessels are chosen by many of the students for their graduation.

I am giving you some job opportunities to marine engineering graduates:

Great Eastern Shipping
Varun Shipping
Mobile Shipping Co. Ltd.
Chevron Manning Services Ltd.
Mitsui OSK lines
Barbar Ship Management Ltd. Australia
Ravenscroft Shipping Inc.
Wilco Ship Management & Transport Pvt. Ltd
Seearland Ship Mgmt. Ltd. Austria
Orinoco Marine Consultancy Pvt. Ltd
Nortrans Pvt. ltd.
Anglo Eastern Shipping Management Ltd
Neptune Orient Lines Pvt
Chellaram Shipping Pvt. ltd.
V-Ships Inc

I am giving you some job opportunities to air nautical engineering graduates:

Aircraft Manufacturers
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
Civil Aviation Department
Helicopter Corporation of India
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
Civil Aviation Department
Flying Clubs
Air India
Government Owned Air Service
Aeronautical Development Establishment
National Aeronautical Lab (NAL)
Aviation industry
National Aeronautical Laboratory
Defence Research And Development Laboratories
Indian Airlines
Defence Ministry
15th December 2015, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I want to make my career in Nautical/ Marine Engineering so please tell me the career options available for me after this course.
15th December 2015, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Marine engineering often refers to the engineering of boats, ships, oil rigs and any other marine vessel or structure. It is one of the disciplines of engineering which deals with science and nautical architecture.

Career for Marine Engineers

Higher study options

Master of Technology in Marine Engineering
Master of Technology in Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture
Master of Technology in Marine Engineering Management

Jobs options

Indian Navy, Coast Guard of India,

National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT)

As a fresher, one can get in to the role of Trainee in organizations like

The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd,

APB Ship Management,

The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd selects fresh graduates in Marine Engineering to the post of ‘Trainee Engineering Cadet’.

Selected candidates have to go through a training period of 6 months, during which they are offered with stipend amount of Rs. 25000/- per month.

Dredging Corporation of India Ltd recruits Marine Engineers for the post of Manager (Materials).

Ship building companies like Mazagon Dock Limited often recruit B.Tech degree holders in Marine Engineering in to the post of Junior Quality and Control Inspector.

Major Employers of Marine Engineers are

Hindustan Shipyard Ltd,

Goa Shipyard Ltd

National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT)

They recruit the candidates who have B.Tech in Marine Engineering degree holders to the post of Project Scientist with a basic pay Rs. 36200 – 40800/- per month.
16th February 2016, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I wan to know the career prospectus for Nautical and Marine Engineering? What are the career options presents for Nautical and Marine Engineers?
16th February 2016, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

A nautical or marine engineering degree can be achieved at both the bachelor's and master's levels. Candidates typically require either a bachelor's degree with relevant work experience or a master's degree.

Nautical and Marine Engineers get jobs in government as well as private sectors. They can apply in Merchant Navy Training Board and Royal Navy.

Have various career prospectuses for Nautical and Marine Engineers. Some types of jobs a nautical engineer may work on require prior licensing or certification.

Engineers who work for the general public may need professional engineering (PE) certification through the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying.

Certification involves completing a test based in naval architecture and marine engineering with focuses on mechanics, load, welds, vibration, and stability.

Marine engineers are also employed by engine production firms, ship building firms, research bodies, and ship design firms and also in the Indian Navy.

Salary detail:

Graduates can start between £24,000 and £26,000 a year. Experienced marine engineers can earn between £28,000 and £50,000 a year.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in