2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th August 2014, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Re: CAP GEMINI Recent placement paper

This is the CAP GEMINI Recent placement paper:

CAP GEMINI Recent placement paper

1. A rectangular tank can hold k liters of water. How many liters of water can a tank with all its dimensions double that of the first one hold?

A. 2k liters

B. 23 liters

C. 4k liters

D. 6k liters

2. A triangle has sides of lengths 10, 24 and n, where n is a positive n is a positive integer. The number of values of n for which this triangle has three acute angles is

A. 1

B. 2

C. 3

D. 4

3. In the rectangle ABCD, the perpendicular bisector of AC divides the longer side AB in a ratio
2: 1. Then the angle between AC and BD is

A. 30o

B. 45o

C. 60o

D. 90o

4. A sphere of 10.5 cm radius is melted and cast into a cuboid of maximum volume. The total surface area of such cuboid is approximately:

A. 1720

B. 1650

C. 1810

D. 1932

5. Consider a right angle triangle where the length of the shorter leg is one third of the length of its hypotenuse. If the length of the shorter leg is 7 cm, then calculate the area of the triangle in square cm.

A. 7 * square root of 2

B. 49 * square root of 2

C. 14 * square root of 2

D. 49

6. Suppose that a train journey is being charged as below:
-- Minimum ticket cost is Rs. 100, which entitles the ticket holder to travel up to a distance of 10 miles
--For every additional mile traveled, the charge is Rs. 10
--A minimum luggage weight of 10 kg is not charged, after which it is charged at Rs. 1 per kg.
During a specific journey, suppose you carry a weight of 'n' kg, and a distance of 'm' miles is traveled, which equation will indicate the correct total charge to be paid by you?

A. 100 + (10 * (m-10)) + n

B. 100 - (10 * m) + (n-10)

C. 100 + (10 * (m-10)) + (n-10)

D. 100 - (10 * (m+10)) + (n-10)

7. There are two queues at a supermarket billing counter. In the first queue there are m1 customers all with n1 items in their baskets, while in the second queue there are m2 customers all with n2 items in their baskets. It takes t seconds to process each item and p seconds for each person to pay. A customer wishes to know which queue to join.
Which one of these options gives the condition for the first queue to be the better queue to join?

A. m1(p+n1t) = m2(p+n2t)

B. m1(p+n1t) <m2(p+n2t)

C. m2(p+n2t) = m1(p+n1t)

D. m1(p+n1t) = m2(p+n2t)

8. Take a bicycle with following specifications:

--The front de-railer is on the 52 tooth gear and the rear de-railer is on the 14 tooth gear
--The rear gear has 14 teeth
--The diameter of the rear wheel is 27"

If a bicyclist pedals at 75 revolutions per minute, then what will be the speed achieved?

A. 22.38

B. 26.85

C. 25

D. 30

9. Suppose Mr. X works for company A. The company grants 1000 shares to Mr. X in 2008. At that point each share is worth Rs. 100. In 2010, he decides to sell his entire stake and at that point, the value is Rs. 120 per share. The government declares that the tax to be paid is 10% of the entire profit. Due to the inflation, the value of a rupee in 2010 is equivalent to 0.8 of a rupee in 2008. In this scenario, which of the following model indicates the actual tax to be paid by the investor?

A. 120 Rs at 2010 value " 100 Rs at 2008 value

B. 120 Rs at 2010 value " 100 Rs at 2008 value * (1 Re at 2010 value / 0.8 Re at 2008 value)

C. 120 Rs at 2008 value " 100 Rs at 2010 value * (1 Re at 2008 value / 0.9 Re at 2010 value)

D. 100 Rs at 2010 value " 120 Rs at 2008 value * (1 Re at 2010 value / 0.8 Re at 2008 value)

10. The ratio of cost price to the marked price of an article is 4 : 5. If the ratio of the profit percentage on selling the article to the discount allowed on it is 5 : 4, what is the profit percentage?

A. 10%

B. 12%

C. 12.5%

D. 15%

11. Krishna bought some wheat at Rs. 10 per kilogram. He buys 2 kg wheat from a ration shop at the rate of Rs. 8 per kilogram. He mixes the two and sells at Rs. 11 per kilogram. He makes 25% profit. What is the ratio of non-ration to ration wheat?

A. 1:4

B. 1:5

C. 5:1

D. None of the above

12. In a typical bike rally, every bike has to reach a speed of 20 m/min within a minute and it increase its speed by 20 m/min and the sum was 1600 m/min. Four minutes later, a new biker started running in the race. After another two minutes, the biker with the speed of 400 m/min stopped due to injuries and again two new bikers started running in the race. What is the current average speed?

A. 260 m/min

B. 220 m/min

C. 280 m/min

D. 290 m/min

13. A river runs at 4 km/hr. if the time taken by a man to row is boat upstream is 3 as the time taken by him to row it downstream then find the speed of the boat in still water.

A. 16 km/hr

B. 8km/hr

C. 6km/hr

D. 28km/hr

14. A, B, C are running in the same direction around a circular track. The track is marked with numbers from 1 to 12, like the dial of a clock. The 12 numbers are uniformly spaced along the track. A overtakes B once at 5 and then the next time again at 9. A overtakes C once at 2 and then the next time again at 4. What is the ratio of B's speed to C's speed?

A. 7:4

B. 2:1

C. 3:2

D. 5:4

15. Manu working alone on a job takes 12 days more than what he would have taken if Bhanu had worked along with him while Bhanu working alone on the same job takes 27 days more than what he would have taken if Manu had worked along with him. Find the time that both of them working together would take to do the job.

A. 10

B. 12

C. 16

D. 18

16. Ram and Shyam are quizmasters. The time taken by Ram and make a question is double of that taken by Shyam. If Ram made 3/2 questions less each minute and Shyam made 3 questions less each minute, to make x questions, the time taken by Shyam would be 2y minutes less than that taken by Ram. If Shyam takes y minutes to make x questions, find the number of questions that Shyam can make in a minute?

A. 12

B. 9

C. 8

D. 6

17. Radha bought a watch for Rs. 144 and got a percentage of profit equal to the cost price of the watch. What is the cost price of the watch?

A. Rs. 72

B. Rs. 78

C. Rs. 80

D. Rs. 90

18. The price of raw materials has gone up by 15%, labour cost has also increased from 25% of the cost of raw material to 30% of the cost of raw material. By how much percentage should there be a reduction in the usage of raw materials so as to keep the cost same

A. 17%

B. 24%

C. 28%

D. 25%

19. Rani's weight is 25% of Meena's weight and 40% of Tara's weight. What percentage of Tara's weight is Meena's weight?

A. 10%

B. 100%

C. 150%

D. 160%

20. Three years ago a friend offered me a used typewriter for Rs. 1024. A year later he offered me the same for Rs. 640 and last year he wanted Rs. 400 and now he is willing to sell it to me for Rs. 250. But I have decided to buy it when he reduces the price next time, If he is constantly reducing its price, at what price will he offer the typewriter to me next?

A. Rs.150.45

B. Rs. 156.25

C. Rs. 211.25

D. Rs. 206.75

21. A number is divisible by both 3 and 5, but when it is divided by 8 it gives a remainder 3. The number is:

A. 45

B. 60

C. 75

D. 90

22. Given a quadratic equation, ax2+bx+c=0
If the ratio of the sum of the roots and the product of roots is 2:7, what can be possible values of b and c?

A. b=2,c=7

B. b=7,c=2

C. b=-2,c=-7

D. b=-2,c=7

23. A sum of money becomes 2.5 times itself at 12.5% simple interest p.a. The period of investment is:

A. 6 years

B. 8 years

C. 12 years

D. 20 years

24. The mean of 100 items was found to be 30. If at the time of calculation two items were wrongly taken as 32 and 12 instead of 23 and 11.What is the correct mean?

A. 29.9

B. 30.5

C. 34.9

D. None of these

25. 200 pepsi bottles are stacked in such a way that there are 20 bottles in the bottom, 19 in the next row, 18 in the row next and so on. In how many rows will 200 pepsi bottles be placed?

A. 25 rows

B. 16 rows

C. 10 rows

D. 5 rows
24th February 2015, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

Hi I am Payal and I want the placement paper of CAP GEMINI so will you please provide me?
24th February 2015, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Hi payal, as you want the placement paper of CAP GEMINI so here I am providing you.

CAP GEMINI placement paper

1. The average salary of 3 workers is 95 Rs. per week. If one earns Rs.115 and second earns Rs.65 how much is the salary of the 3rd worker.
Ans.105.

2. A 16 stored building has 12000 sq.feet on each floor. Company A rents 7 floors and company B rents 4 floors. What is the number of sq.feet of unrented floor space.
Ans.60000

3.During a given week A programmer spends 1/4 of his time preparing flow chart, 3/8 of his time coding and the rest of the time in debugging the programs. If he works 48 hours during the week , how many hours did he spend debugging the program.
Ans. 18.

4) On 8th Dec, 2007 Saturday falls. What day of the week was it on 8th Dec, 2006?

5. A man owns 2/3 of the market research beauro business and sells 3/4 of his shares for Rs. 75000. What is the value of Business ?
Ans.150000

6. If 12 file cabinets require 18 feet of wall space, how many feet of wall space will 30 cabinets require?
Ans.45

7. A computer printer produced 176,400 lines in a given day. If the printer was in operation for seven hours during the day, how many lines did it print per minute?
Ans.420

8. From its total income, A sales company spent Rs.20,000 for advertising, half of the remainder on commissions and had Rs.6000 left. What was its total income?
Ans.32000

9. On Monday a banker processed a batch of cheques, on Tuesday she processed three times as many, and on Wednesday she processed 4000 cheques. In the three days, she processed 16000 cheques. How many did she process on Tuesday?
Ans.9000

10. The cost of four dozen proof machine ribbons and five dozen accouting machine ribbons was Rs.160/-. If one dozen accounting machine ribbons cost Rs.20/-, what is the cost of a dozen proof machine ribbons?
Ans.Rs.15

11. If a clerk can process 80 cheques in half an hour, how many cheques can she process in a seven and one half hour day?
Ans.1200

12) A milk vendor has 2 cans of milk. The first contains 25% water and the rest milk. The second contains 50% water. How much milk should he mix from each of the containers so as to get 12 litres of milk such that the ratio of water to milk is 3 : 5?

13. The average length of three tapes is 6800 feet. None of the tapes is less than 6400 feet. What is the greatest possible length of one of the other tapes?
Ans.7600

14. A company rented a machine for Rs.700/- a month. Five years later the treasurer calculated that if the company had purchased the machine and paid Rs.100/- monthly maintenance charge, the company would have saved
Rs.2000/-. What was the purchase price of the machine?
Ans.Rs.34000

15. Two computers each produced 48000 public utility bills in a day. One computer printed bills at the rate of 9600 an hour and the other at the rate of 7800 an hour. When the first computer finished its run, how many bills did the other computer still have to print?
Ans.9000

16) A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds and a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr, what is the length of the platform?

17 On a given day, a bank had 16000 cheques returned by customers. Inspection of the first 800 cheques indicated that 100 of those 800 had errors and were therefore the available immediately for data processing. On this basis, how many cheques would be available immediately for data processing on that day?
Ans.14000

18. A tape manufacturer reduces the price of his heavy duty tape from Rs.30/- to Rs.28/- a reel and the price of a regular tape from Rs.24/- to Rs.23/- a reel. A computing centre normally spends Rs.1440/- a month for tapes
and 3/4 of this is for heavy duty tapes. How much will they save a month under the new prices?

Ans.Rs.87

19. The dimensions of a certain machine are 48" X 30" X 52". If the size of the machine is increased proportionately until the sum of its dimensions equals 156", what will be the increase in the shortest side?
Ans. 6"
20 In a certain company, 20% of the men and 40% of the women attended the annual company picnic. If 35% of all the employees are man, what percent of all the employees went to the picnic?
Ans.33%

21. It cost a college Rs.0.70 a copy to produce a Programme for the homecoming football game. If Rs.15,000/- was received for advertisements in the programme, how many copies at Rs.0.50 a copy must be sold to make a profit of Rs.8000/- ?
Ans. 35000

22. If the digits of my present age are reversed then i get the age of my son. If 1 year ago my age was twice as that of my son. Find my present age.
Ans. father-73, son-37

23. There are 6561 balls out of them 1 is heavy. Find the min. no. of times the balls have to be weighed for finding out the heavy ball.
Ans. 8

24.If I walk with 30 miles/hr i reach 1 hour before and if i walk with 20 miles/hr i reach 1 hour late. Find the distance between 2 points and the exact time of reaching destination is 11 am then find the speed with which it walks.
Ans. 120miles and 24 miles/hr

25) Tea worth Rs. 126 per kg and Rs. 135 per kg are mixed with a third variety in the ratio 1 : 1 : 2. If the mixture is worth Rs. 153 per kg, the price of the third variety per kg will be:

2. Reasoning (30 quest)

Answer Questions 1 to 4 on the basis of the information given below:
The only people to attend a conference were four ship captains and the first mates of three of those captains. The captains were L, M, N and O; the first mates were A, D and G Each person in turn delivered a report to the assembly as follows:

Each of the first mates delivered their report exactly after his or her captain. The first captain to speak was M, and captain N spoke after him.

1. Among the following which is not an appropriate order of delivered reports?

M, A, N, G, O, L, D
M, D, N, G, L, O, A
M, N, A, L, D, O, G
M, N, A, O, D, L, G
M, N, G, D, O, L, A

Ans : E

2. In case L speaks after A, and A is the third of the first mates to speak, then among the following statements which would be untrue?

O spoke immediately after G.
The order of the first four speakers was M, G, N, D.
O's first mate was present.
A was the fourth speaker after M.
The captains spoke in the order M, N, O, L.

Ans : D

3. Among the following statements which statement must be true?

In case the second speaker was a captain, the seventh speaker was a first mate.
In case the second speaker was a first mate, the seventh speaker was a captain.
In case the third speaker was a first mate, the seventh speaker was a captain.
In case the third speaker was a captain, the seventh speaker was a first mate.
In case the seventh speaker was a first mate, the first and third speakers were captains.

Ans : A

4. In case A spoke immediately after L and immediately before O, and O was not the last speaker, L spoke

second
third
fourth
fifth
sixth

Ans : C

Directions to Solve - (5-9)

In each of the following questions two statements are given. Which are followed by four conclusions (1), (2), (3) and (4). Choose the conclusions which logically follow from the given statements.

5). Statements: No door is dog. All the dogs are cats.

1. No door is cat.

2. No cat is door.

3. Some cats are dogs.

4. All the cats are dogs.

A. Only (2) and (4)

B. Only (1) and (3)

C. Only (3) and (4)

D. Only (3)

E. All the four

6). Statements: All green are blue. All blue are white.

1. Some blue are green.

2. Some white are green.

3. Some green are not white.

4. All white are blue.

A. Only (1) and (2)

B. Only (1) and (3)

C. Only (1) and (4)

D. Only (2) and (4)

7). Statements: All men are vertebrates. Some mammals are vertebrates.

1. All men are mammals.

2. All mammals are men.

3. Some vertebrates are mammals.

4. All vertebrates are men.

A. Only (4)

B. Only (2)

C. Only (3)

D. Only (1)

E. Only (1) and (3

8). Statements: All the phones are scales. All the scales are calculators.

1. All the calculators are scales.

2. All the phones are calculators

3. All the scales are phones.

4. Some calculators are phones.

A. Only (1) and (4)

B. Only (3) and (4)

C. Only (2) and (4)

D. Only (1) and (2)

E. Only (1) and (3)

9).Statements: Some tables are T.V. Some T.V. are radios.

Conclusions:

1. Some tables are radios.

2. Some radios are tables.

3. All the radios are T.V.

4. All the T.V. are tables.

A. Only (2) and (4)

B. Only (1) and (3)

C. Only (4)

D. Only (1) and (4)

E. None of the four.

10. When Rajeev was born, his father was 32 years older than his brother and his mother was 25 years older than his sister. If Rajeev's brother is 6 years older than Rajeev and his mother is 3 years younger than his father, how old was Rajeev's sister when Rajeev was born?

A. 15 Years B. 7 Years C. 17 Years D. 10 Years

Ans: D

(A) RNMEDQ
(B) RPKEDS
(C) TPMEFS
(D) RNKCDQ
(E) None of these
Ans : (D)

Directions 11:15 : In each question below are given two statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given two statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the two given statements, disregarding commonly known facts.

Give answer (A) if only conclusion I follows; (B) if only conclusion II follows; (C) if either I or II follows (D) if neither I or II follows and (E) if both I and II.

11.Statements : All puppets are dolls

All dolls are toys

Conclusions : I. Some toys are puppets

II. All toys are puppets

Ans: A

12.Statements : All apples are oranges

Some oranges are papayas

Conclusions : I. Some apples are papayas

II. Some papayas are apples

13. Statements :Some players are singers

All singers are tall

Conclusions : I. Some players are tall

II. All players are tall

Ans: A

14.Statements : All coins are crows

Some crows are pens

Conclusions : I. No pen is coin

II. Some coins are pens

15.Statements : All men are married

Some men are educated

Conclusions : I. Some married are educated

II. Some educated are married

Ans: E

16. Pointing to a man Snehlata says, "He is the only son of my father's father." How is Snehlata related to the man ?

(A) Mother
(B) Grand daughter
(C) Niece
(D) Sister
(E) None of these
Ans : (E)

17. Pointing to a lady in photograph, Madhurendra said, "Her mother is the only daughter of my mother's mother." How is Madhurendra related to the lady?

(A) Nephew
(B) Uncle
(C) Maternal uncle
(D) Brother
(E) None of these

18. If P x Q means— 'P is the brother of Q', P ÷ Q means 'P is the son of Q' and 'P – Q' means 'P is the sister of Q' , then which of the following relations will show that Q is the maternal uncle of P ?

(A) Q x R ÷ P
(B) Q ÷ R – P
(C) P x R – Q
(D) P ÷ R – Q
(E) None of these

19. In the class of 40 students, if Sanju is at 30th place from one end, what is his position from the other end?

(A) 9th
(B) 12th
(C) 10th
(D) 11th
(E) None of these

20. In a row of girls, Nivedita is 15th from the left and Vimla is 23rd from the right. If they interchange their positions, then Nivedita becomes 18 th from the left. Then at what position will Vimla be from the right?

(A) 25th
(B) 24th
(C) 26th
(D) 20th
(E) None of these
Ans : (C)

21. As 'Hindu worshiper' is related to 'Temple' in the same way 'Maulvi' is related to what?

(A) Monastery
(B) Church
(C) Mosque
(D) Sikh temple
(E) None of these
Ans : (C)

22. As 'Hungry' is related to 'Food' in the same way 'Thirsty' is related to what?

(A) Drink
(B) Tea
(C) Coffee
(D) Juice
(E) Waler
Ans : (E)

23. As 'Fly' is related to 'Parrot' in the same way 'Creep' is related to what?

(A) Snake
(B) Rabbit
(C) Fish
(D) Crocodile
(E) Sparrow
Ans : (A)

Tags
placement

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in