2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th July 2018, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

Re: Canterbury Christ church university RDS

I want to know the IT Services offered by the Canterbury Christ Church University so will you please tell me?
18th July 2018, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Canterbury Christ church university RDS

The CCCU IT department provides the main IT and communication facilities and services at the University.

IT User Support provide IT support, training and procurement services for University staff via the IT Service Desk as well as maintaining and improving IT and AV equipment on each campus.

Access your online services, connect to their free Wi-fi network, and even download free and discounted software to help you with your studies, whether youre on campus or studying at home.

IT services

Manage my account

Manage My Account is a service that allows you to manage key aspects of your CCCU computing account.

Email, Calendar and Contacts

You can access your email. calendar, and contacts on your mobile device or home PC or Mac by using Office 365.

Blackboard

Their Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) is called Blackboard, and is the online place where you can find academic materials for your course.

Free and discounted software

As a CCCU student you also have up to 1TB of free cloud storage with Microsoft OneDrive.

Productivity Software

You can access a range of productivity software packages on University PCs and to use at home, including accessibility tools, text to speech, time management, note taking, and more besides.

University wifi

To connect to University WiFi select 'eduroam' and enter your username@canterbury.ac.uk followed by your University computing password. Visitors can connect using our free guest service, WiFiGuest.

Student smartcard

Your smartcard acts as your identification to show that you are a registered student at CCCU, granting you access to teaching rooms, while also acting as your library card.

IT Training

They offer free IT training to support you in your studies. Available sessions include the core Microsoft Office programs, as well as Turnitin and PebblePad.

Find a PC

They have a large number of PCs available for use across their campus locations. These include dedicated labs, and flexible spaces that can also be used when not booked for teaching.

Contact-

Canterbury Christ Church University
N Holmes Rd, Canterbury CT1 1QU, UK
+44 1227 767700

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in