2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th October 2014, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of 10th class? How much salary I can ex

Here you are looking for know about Merchant Navy after 10th std. and how much salary for Merchant Navy candidates. As you are looking here I am providing you.

About the Course:

The Merchant Navy course is for the Captain of the ship. The diploma maritime Science Course is a one year inhabited program, structured into two academic semesters.

This course is approved by D.G Shipping, Govt. of India.

Eligibility for Merchant Navy:
Candidate must pass 10+2 or its equivalent with minimum 60% aggregate in PCM stream and minimum 50% marks in English either in class 10th or 12th.

So you can not join Merchant Navy after 10th standard. Because Merchant Navy required candidates who complete 10+2 with PCM

Duration of course: 1 year

Age limit: Under 25 years at the time of entry.

Medical standard:

Candidates who want to apply should be physically healthy for sea service under standard norms, with eyesight 6/6 with no color blindness.

Minimum height should be 157 centimeters.

Career Path:

After the completion of the course the cadets will be issued with the CDC, INDoS No., Course Completion and Degree Certificate. The cadets will join the Ship as a Deck Cadet.

Minimum salary and conditions for Merchant navy officer:

Catch your certificate of capability as second officer or third engineer officer and obtain salary of rs.65000/-to 85000/-per month.

After 1 year of service obtain your certificate of capability as chief officer or second engineer officer and get salary of rs. 85000/- to rs.125000/-.p/m

After little years of service obtain your certificate of capability as captain or chief engineer officer and get salary from rs.2.00000- to rs:-3.50000 p/m

So tally number of years you used to grow to be a man of rs.125000/per month or more and a merchant navy officer too.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in