2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th May 2015, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Calcutta University Examination Rules

As you want I am here telling you about the B.Com course Examination Rules/regulation of the Calcutta University.

B.Com course Examination Rules/regulation:

Examination under the Three-year B.Com. (Honours/General) Course will beconducted in three parts: Part- I, Part-II and Part-III.

For appear in exam candidate must attend 75 percent lecture and 75 percent Practical classes.

Candidate attending less than 75 percent classes but not below 60 percent of attendance
in one or more subjects shall be declared ”Non-Collegiate”.

Candidate appearing at the Part-I/Part-II/Part-III Examination of B.Com (Honours and
General) Courses shall submit his/her application form with such fees as may be prescribed by the University.

Honours candidate successful at Par-I, Part-II & Part-III examination shall be awarded Honours Degree with 1st class if his/her aggregate marks in Honours papers..

Candidate of General Course successful at Par-I, Part-II and Part-III examination be awarded first division if his/her aggregate marks in the Part-I, Part-II and Part-III examination taken together (excluding marks in Language Group and Environmental
Studies) is 60% or above.

B.Com course Examination Rules/regulation
Admission Qualifications
1. A candidate who has passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) or its equivalent Examination
is eligible to seek admission to the 1st year of the 3-year B.Com. (Honours/General)
Course of Studies provided he/she has also passed in English having full marks not being
less than 100 and fulfills the conditions as laid down in clause 2.
Candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) Vocational Examination in
Business & Commerce conducted by the West Bengal State Council of Vocational
Education and Training shall be eligible to seek admission to the B.Com. (General) 1st
year Course of Studies under this University. However, no candidate shall be allowed
admission after a lapse of more than 3 years from the year of passing the previous
qualifying examination or discontinuation of recognized regular Course of Studies after
passing the previous qualifying examination.
(Explanation: The year of admission shall not be taken into account while calculating
three years from the year of passing the previous qualifying Examination).
For the purpose of determining eligibility for admission to the B.Com. Honours Courses,
aggregate marks shall be calculated by adding the marks in top-four subjects in order of
marks secured by a candidate. However, marks in compulsory Environmental
Education/Studies shall not be taken into account for calculation of aggregate marks. If
the subject “Environmental Science” is studied as an elective subject of 100 marks, it
may be taken into account for the purpose of determining the aggregate marks.
2. (a) A candidate taking up B.Com. Honours Course in a subject must have obtained:
i. A minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate and 45% marks in the subject or
related subject at the previous qualifying examination.
OR
ii. 55% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying
examination.
(b) However, candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe
Community taking up Honours Course of Study mast have obtained a minimum of 40% marks in
the aggregate or 40% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying
examination, as the case may be.
(c) Following subjects be treated as related subjects for admission to B.Com.
Honours courses:
Accountancy, Business Economics including Business Mathematics, Business
Organization, Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Business Studies,
Office and Secretarial Practice, Financial Accounting, Elements of Cost Accountancy &
Auditing, Book Keeping, Commerce, Cost Accountancy & Principle of Management.
(d) A candidate shall be allowed to take up B.Com. (General) Course if he/she had
passed the subject (s) at the previous qualifying examination as mention below:
Accountancy/ Business Economics including Business Mathematics/ Business
Organization/ Mathematics/ Economics/ Statistics/ Commerce/ Accounts/ Business Studies/
Financial Accounting/ Office and Secretarial Practice/ Elements of Cost Accountancy and
Auditing/ Book Keeping/ Business Mathematics/ Cost Accountancy & Principle of Management.
3. Students who have passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination or its equivalent
from the All India Boards/Councils (i.e. CBSE, ISC and National Institute of Open
Schooling) need not require to submit the Migration Certificate for getting Registration
under this University.
4. A candidate who is admitted to the Honours Course of Studies may take any of the
four Courses ( as offered by the College)
• Honours in Accounting & Finance
• Honours in Marketing
• Honours in Taxation
• Honours in Computer Application & e- Business.
General Course Students will have to take any of the four elective groups (as offered
by the College) -
• Accounting & Finance,
• Marketing,
• Taxation,
• Computer Application& e-business.
• Subjects/ Papers in the 1st year for all Honours and General
Courses are same and be considered as Basic/Fundamental
Subsidiary papers.
• First two Papers/Subjects in the 2nd year shall be same for both
Honours and General Courses. Remaining papers in the second
year termed as Core papers for Honours Course, shall be same
irrespective of the specialized Honours Courses.
• Subjects/ Papers in the 3rd year shall be different depending upon
the specialized Courses.

Address:
University Of Calcutta
Senate House, 87/1, College Street, Kolkata, West Bengal 700073 ‎
033 2241 0071 ‎

Map:
[MAP]https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=Calcutta+University.&hl=en&ll=22.575499,88. 36293&spn=0.010878,0.020428&sll=28.546095,77.33233 5&sspn=0.010348,0.020428&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A[/MAP]
Here is the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf B.Com course Examination Rules regulation.pdf (83.3 KB, 538 views)
21st June 2016, 06:09 PM
Arka ukil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Will you tell me about the B.Com course Examination Rules/regulation of the Calcutta University?
though in isc exam i am sufering from pox,so i want to do bcom hnars,bt i hv medical certificate..
27th November 2019, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Can you tell me in detail about the Examination Regulations for the Three-year B.A. (General) Program offered Calcutta University?
27th November 2019, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

The details about the Examination Regulations for the Three-year B.A. (General) Program offered Calcutta University are as follows:

Examination under the Three-year B.A./B.Sc./B.Mus. (Honours/General) and B.A./
B.Sc./B.Com. (Major) Degree Courses will be conducted in three parts:
Part-I Exam excluding the Compulsory Language Group to be held ordinarily in May at the end of first year course of study,
Part- II Exam to be held ordinarily in April at the end of second year course of study
Part-III Exam to be held ordinarily in March at the end of third year course of study.

Examination in Compulsory Language Group will be held in respective colleges at the end of first year of study.

One shall be deemed to have prosecuted a regular course of study in an affiliated College/ Institution if one has attended at least 75% of the lectures delivered and 75% of the practical classes held separately in each of one subjects concerned of each part of the B.A. /B.Sc./B.Mus. (Honours/ General) and B.A./ B.Sc./B.Com. (Major) Degree Courses.

One with less than 75% but not below 60% of attendance in one or more subjects shall be declared “Non-Collegiate” and may be allowed to appear at the concerned examination on payment of requisite Non-Collegiate Fee.

One with less than 60% attendance separately in lectures delivered and practical classes held in one or more subject(s) shall be declared “Discollegiate” and shall be debarred from appearing at the examination.

Attendance in a subject shall be counted from the date of commencement of classes or admission to the course whichever is later.

Examination Regulations Calcutta University

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Examination Regulations Calcutta University.pdf (976.9 KB, 245 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in