2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th August 2014, 07:57 AM
Unregistered

CA vs CS Which Is Better

I have completed my graduation sp please tell me that amongst CA and CS which is better ?
6th August 2014, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Re: CA vs CS Which Is Better

Here I am providing the difference between CA and CS which you are looking for.
1) Course details
Chartered Accountancy Course is a professional course in the field of Accounting.
The Company Secretary (CS) is a professional course which is conducted by The ICSI
It is about financial management, taxation and accounting.

To become a Company Secretary, the applicants need to pass the Foundation Programme, Executive Programme, and Professional Programme.

2) Career Scope
The scope of a CA is very wide.
CA work in fields of Finance, Corporate finance, Management consultancy, Tax Compliance, Change management.

The role of a Company Secretary is that of an advisor for legal matters. All legalities involved with inter-corporate investments and loans are looked after by a Company Secretary.

3) Companies hiring
PwC, Ernst & Young, HSBC Bank, Neeraj Bhagat & Co., KPMG, Alok Sinhal, ICICI Prudential, Om Kotak Mahindra, Birla Sun-Life, Tata AIF Life, Reliance, HDFC
Standard Life-Chartered Accountancy Co., Max New York Life, SBI hires CA

Banks like SBI, HSBC, Bureau of Public Enterprises, government financial institutions and stock exchanges, universities, etc hires CS .
18th March 2015, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Can you tell me which course is better between CA or Chartered Accountancy and CS or Company Secretary as I am very confused?
18th March 2015, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

With the increasing scope in the field of Finance and accounts the scope of CA has been increasing day by day. ICAI – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is the licensing body who are authorized to conduct the course. The job of a Company Secretary is a prestigious one too. A CS serves as a connection between the company and the board of Directors. Its main function involves checking whether the company policies are being strictly adhered to and revised also.

Better between CA vs CS

The scope of CA and CS in terms of job is different .CA may be more involved in taxation, financial management, project consultancy, auditing etc. Whereas CS is related to mainly corporate affairs dealing with statutory record maintenance, dealing with the legal matters of a company etc. Both courses are unique and significant in their own respects.

The choice whether to take CA or CS depends mainly on the individual interests. A person should always think whether one would be able to deliver best in a particular course.

CA
Chartered Accountancy Course is a professional course in the field of Accounting. It is about financial management, taxation and accounting.

The scope of a CA is very wide. One can either pursue private practice or join an organization’s financial accounting department or serve in taxation departments.

One can also work in fields of Finance, Corporate finance, Management consultancy, Tax Compliance, Change management. Chartered accountants mostly deal with studies like market research, budget planning, planning of policies; management of working capital of an organisation, etc.

Their duty is to ensure that the particular company is maintaining its financial transactions according to the law of the country and manage the cost and tax matters of it.

CS
The Company Secretary (CS) is a professional course which is conducted by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI). To become a Company Secretary, the candidates need to pass the Foundation Programme, Executive Programme, and Professional Programme.

A Company Secretary can find employment in government accounts or law departments or he can become a Managing Director or Chairman of a Company and be a part of the Board of Directors of a Company.

The role of a Company Secretary is that of an advisor for legal matters. If a company goes public, then the management of the public issue falls under the ambit of a Company Secretary.

All legalities involved with inter-corporate investments and loans are looked after by a Company Secretary.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in