2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th July 2018, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Re: CA Procedure After CPT

I have done CPT Exam of CA now will you please tell me the next level and the procedure of Chartered Accountant CA?
11th July 2018, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Re: CA Procedure After CPT

The next step after clearing the CPT exam is to take the Intermediate Professional Competence Course (IPCC) Examination.

One is eligible for the IPC exam after nine months of study, after passing CPT.

IPC is the second level under CA Course.

Once a person has been declared as passed in CPT Result, he would be required to register for IPCC.

IPCC Exams are held twice every year in the month of May and November.

IPCC Eligibility -

Before taking the Integrated Professional Competence Examination, the candidate must have qualified CPT.

A minimum of 55% score is required for graduates/post graduates in commerce whereas other graduates or post graduates require a minimum of 60% to apply for CA.

Candidates need to register 9 months prior to the exam and then complete a 100 hours of Information Technology Training.

ITT and Orientation :

Successfully complete 100 hours Information Technology Training (ITT). Orientation and ITT are to be completed before registering for Articleship.

Successfully complete Orientation Course of one week spanning 35 hours and covering topics, such as, personality development, communication skills, office procedure, business environment, general commercial knowledge, etc.

Appear and Pass IPCC Group I Exam:

You can appear and pass Group I or Both Groups of Integrated Professional Competence Examination (IPCE).

Appear and Pass IPCC Group II Exam:

You can attempt Group 2 in next attempt(After Group 1 attempt) or during Articleship.

Register for Articleship:

You need to register as Articled Assistant for a period of 3 years with Practicing Chartered Accountant, on passing either Group I or both the Groups of IPCE.

Register for C.A Final Course:

Hence, register for C.A Final Course on passing both groups of IPCC.

Appear and Pass CA Final Exam:

Appear in CA Final Examination during last 6 months of 3 years of articled training. Pass Group I as well as Group II of CA Final Examination.

Complete Articleship:

Complete 3 years period of articled training.

GMCS:

Successfully complete the Course on General Management and Communication Skills (15 days).

Membership:

Enroll as a member of ICAI and designate as a Charted Accountant.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in