2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th August 2015, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Burdwan University History General Syllabus

As you need University of Burdwan B.A. (General) in History course detailed syllabus, here I am giving:

B.A. (General) in History

Part - I Paper– I History of India from Prehistoric times to 1526

A.D. PART-II Paper-II HISTORY OF India from 1526 to 1914

A.D. Paper-III History of Modern Europe (1789 A.D. to 1945

A.D.) PART-III Paper-IV India and the World (1914 to 1964 A.D.)

Part – IPAPER – IHistory of India from the Historic times to 1526 A.D. A. Literary and archaeological sources of Ancient and Medieval Indian History Archaeological methods Archaeological knowledge and the histories understanding of the rise and decline of the Indus Valley civilization. B. Political Developments I Indian polity in early and later Vedic lines and Mahajanapadas The rise and fall of the Maurya Empire – the Satavanaha and Kaushana Rule – the Irnperial Guptas the tripartite struggle Harshavardhana – Sasanka – the Palas and the Senas Political developments in south India with Special reference to the cholas.
C. Political Developments II Impact of Islam and Political change in India – An overview of the Delhi Sultanate – the administration of the Delhi Sultanate – the centralized monarchy political ideologies of the Delhi Sultanate – Independent Sultans of Bengal the Vijayanagar Empire the Bahaman Kingdom. D. I. Economic life in ancient and early medieval India Land systems in ancient India – Framework of agriculture taxation, irrigation and the agrarian economy and the state – The urban social formations Internal and overseas. Trade, Crafts and Guilds – The Indian Feudalism, Issues and debates. II. The Delhi Sultanate and changes in the economy – Iqta system – emergence of new urban centers and a reorientation in commercial life. E. I. Society and Religion: Vedic religion and the quest for knowledge – the basic framework of Brahmanical religion – Buddhism, Jainism and social protest. The apogee of Brahmanism – the rise of other cults: Saivism, Vaisnavism, the cult of mother goddess. II. Social Life: Social structure – from Varna to Jati – family life and the status of women. III. The nature of the impact of Islam on Indian society – Sufism – syncretism beliefs and bhakti movement.
BU BA General History syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in