2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th November 2015, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Break even analysis MBA

Welcome to MBA Forum. This is Break even analysis MBA discussion page. Here you can discuss about Break even analysis MBA in details. Please ask your question about Break even analysis MBA in the quick reply box mention below. Our member will try to answer your question about it as soon as possible. Furthermore, please provide your full details with your question. Your Name, email address, phone numbers, also you education / University in which you are studying. If your question is related to any institution / University / Business School/ Online MBA / Distance MBA or Jobs related to MBA, then mention that in your question as well.
Similar Threads
Thread
Western Carolina university Easter break
BPUT Semester Break
Pacific University Spring Break
DCE Spring Break
Missouri University Of Science And Technology Spring Break
Western Carolina University Christmas Break
TNPSC Break Inspector
SRM Analysis
Mah CET Analysis
MBA Analysis
ANU University Break
LSAT Break
IIFT Analysis
GRE data analysis
Abc analysis MBA
LSAT Break
CSU FT Collins Spring Break
Huron Valley Schools Winter Break
GMU Winter Break Courses
Break Interview of Syntel, how to
25th March 2016, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Break Even Analysis MBA

Sir I am a MBA student and I want to know that what is the break even analysis as this is in our curriculum so can you please tell me the details for this
25th March 2016, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Break Even Analysis MBA

Hey buddy the Break even analysis is used to determine when your business will be able to cover all its expenses and begin to make a profit.

It is important to identify your startup costs, which will help you determine your sales revenue needed to pay ongoing business expenses.

To be profitable in business, it is important to know what your break-even point is.

Your break-even point is the point at which total revenue equals total costs or expenses.

At this point there is no profit or loss - in other words, you 'break even'.

Common example

For example, suppose that your fixed costs for producing 100,000 widgets were Rs.30,000 a year.

Your variable costs are Rs.2.20 materials, Rs.4.00 labour, and Rs.0.80 overhead, for a total of Rs.7.00.

If you choose a selling price of $12.00 for each widget, then:

Rs.30,000 divided by (Rs.12.00 - 7.00) equals 6000 units.

This is the number of widgets that have to be sold at a selling price of Rs.12.00 before your business will start to make a profit.

Back Points

Break-even analysis is only a supply side (i.e. costs only) analysis, as it tells you nothing about what sales are actually likely to be for the product at these various prices.

It assumes that fixed costs (FC) are constant. Although, this is true in the short run, an increase in the scale of production is likely to cause fixed costs to rise.

It assumes average variable costs are constant per unit of output, at least in the range of likely quantities of sales. (i.e. linearity)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in