2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th April 2013, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

Re: BPUT Syllabus for 5th SEM EEE

As you are looking for the syllabus of BPUT Syllabus for 5th SEM EEE so here I am providing you syllabus for the btech EEE Syllabus for 5th SEM in a pdf file attached with it so you can download it free of cost .. some content of PDF is given below

HSSM 4301 Optimisation in Engineering
CPEE 5301 Electrical Machine - I
CPEE 5302 Control System Engineering
CPEC 5305 Mircoprocessors & Microcontrollers
CPEN 5306 Instrumentation & Measurements
CPEE 5303 Transmission & Distribution

Practicals/Sessionals

CPEC 9304 Microprocessor & Microcontroller Lab.
CPEE 9301 Control & Instrumentation Lab.
CPEE 9302 Electrical Machine Lab - I

HSSM 4301 OPTIMIZATION IN ENGINEERING (3-0-0)

Module – I (10 hours) Formulation of engineering optimization problems : Decision variables, objective function and constraints. Example of typical design, operation and maintenance problems in engineering : Design of a water tank, design of a truss, design of a network (electrical, communication sewerage and water supply networks), product mix problem, transportation and assignment problems, shift scheduling of employees, design of reliable devices, design of reactors, shortest route problem, set covering problem, traveling salesman problems. Only physical problems and their mathematical models to be discussed.

Linear Programming Problem:

Formulation, Graphical solution, Simplex method, Duality theory, Dual simplex method, Formulation and solution of engineering problems of planning and scheduling.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BPUT Syllabus for 5th SEM EEE.pdf (303.2 KB, 639 views)
4th December 2019, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Can you provide me the B. Tech (Electrical Engineering) 5th Semester Syllabus of Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT) as my exams are nearby and I need it for preparation?
4th December 2019, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

The B. Tech (Electrical Engineering) 5th Semester Syllabus of Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT) is as follows:

POWER ELECTRONICS

Module-1 [12 Hours]

University portion (80%): (10 Hours)
Power semiconductor devices: (6 Hours)
Switching and V-I characteristic of devices: power diode, Thyristor family: SCR, TRIAC,
GTO, Transistor Family: BJT, IGBT, and MOSFET, Series and parallel grouping of SCR.
[Chapter: 1.3, 1.4, 4.2.2, 4.2.3, 4.3.2, 4.6, 4.10, 7.2, 7.4, 7.5]
Triggering Methods: (2 Hours)
SCR: (Cosine Firing Scheme), BJT gate drive, IGBT gate drive, TRIAC firing circuit, Isolation
of gate and base drive [Chapter: 17.5, 17.2, 17.3, 17.4]
Protection of Devices: (2 Hours)
SCR: Over voltage, Over Current, dv/dt, di/dt, Gate Protection. Transistor: protection of
power BJT, IGBT and power MOSFET, dv/dt & di/dt limitation. [Chapter: 18.4, 18.5, 18.7,
18.8, 4.8, 7.9, 7.10)
College/Institute portion (20%): (2 Hours)
Two-Transistor Model of SCR, V-I characteristics of RCT, MCT, [Chapter: 7.3, 7.6.6, 7.6.12,
7.7, 7.8] Or related advanced topics as decided by the concerned faculty teaching the
subject.

Module 2 [12 Hours]
University portion (80%): (10 Hours)
AC to DC converter: (6 Hours)
Un-controlled Diode rectifier: Single phase half wave and full wave rectifiers with R-L and R
-L-E load, 3 phase bridge rectifier with R-L and R-L-E load. Phase Controlled Converter:
Principle of phase controlled converter operation, single phase full converter with R-L and
R-L-E load,3 phase full converter with R-L and R-L-E load ,single phase semi converter with
R-L and R-L-E load, 3 phase semi-converter with R-L and R-L-E load and effect of source
inductance. [Chapter: 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.8, 3.12, 10.2, 10.3, 10.6, 10.9, 10.10]
AC –AC converter: (4 Hours)
AC voltage controller: Single phase bi-directional controllers with R and R-L load, single
phase cycloconverters. [Chapter: 11.4, 11.5, 11.9.1, 11.10]
College/Institute portion (20%): (2 Hours)
Effect of Source and Load Inductance, Single phase PWM rectifier, Three phase PWM
rectifier. [Chapter: 6.6,11.13] Or related advanced topics as decided by the concerned
faculty teaching the subject.

Module 3 [8 Hours]
University portion (80%): (6 Hours)
DC to DC converter:
Classification: First quadrant, second quardrant, first and second quardrant, third and
fourth quardrant, fourth quardrant converter. Switching mode regulators: Buck regulators,
Boost regulators, Buck-Boost regulators, Cuk regulators, Isolated Types: Fly Back
Converters, Forward converters, Push Pull Converters, Bridge Converter [Chapter: 5.7,
5.8.1, 5.8.2, 5.8.3, 5.8.4]

B. Tech (Electrical Engineering) 5th Sem Syllabus Biju Patnaik University of Technology

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in