2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd June 2015, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Books for The Preparation Of IFS Exam

I want to purchase books of Indian Forest Service Exam (IFS) conducted by UPSC. So tell me that from where I should purchase books of written Exam? If I will purchase books of Indian Forest Service (IFS) Exam online, can I get good discount on each book? Give the name of best Books and their publications.
Similar Threads
Thread
IPS Exam Preparation Books
Books For NDA Exam Preparation
IES Exam Preparation Books
IES Exam Preparation Books
PSU Exam Preparation Books
Books for SBI Exam Preparation
SSC LDC & UDC Exam Preparation Books
SBI PO Exam Preparation Books
SSC CGL Exam Preparation Books
IES ECE Exam Preparation Books
Books for preparation of NET exam
Top IIT JEE Exam Preparation Books
SSC exam Books for preparation
IIT JEE - Exam Preparation Books
Books For IIT JEE - Exam Preparation
RAS ECE Exam Preparation Books
Books for UGC-NET Exam Preparation
GRE Exam Preparation Books
PCS Exam Preparation Books
TET Exam Preparation Books
19th June 2018, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

Re: Books for The Preparation Of IFS Exam

Hii sir, I Am Preparing for the Indian Forest Service Exam Will you Please Provide me the Names of the Books for the Indian Forest Service Exam ?
19th June 2018, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Books for The Preparation Of IFS Exam

The Indian Forest Service (IFS) is one of the Civil Services Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment officers at the All India level by the Government of India for the scientific management of its forests.

Eligibility Criteria

Nationality:-

A candidate must be either:-

(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Minimum Educational Qualification:-
The candidate must hold a Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

Age Limit:-
Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years.

Age Relaxation:-
Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
Upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation appli- cable to such candidates

Examination Pattern

A. PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION:-

The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each.

(i) Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
(ii) The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
(iii) The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
(iv) Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write the answers for them.

B. MAIN EXAMINATION:-

(A) The written examination consisting of the following papers:*

Paper I - General English - 300 Marks
Paper II - General Knowledge - 300 Marks
Paper III / Paper IV / Paper V / Paper VI - Any two subjects to be selected from the list of for each the optional subjects set given below Each subject will have two papers - 200 marks

(B) Interview for Personality Test (See Part (C) of Section II of this Appendix) of such candidates as may be called by the Commission - Maximum Marks: 300 Marks

Number of attempts:
The maximum number of attempts is as follows:
General Category Candidates: 7 attempts
Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) candidates: No restriction
Other Backward Class candidates: 9 attempts

Books for IFS Exam

UPSC-IFS Forestry Main Guide
Forestry A Subjective Guide for IFS Aspirants
.UPSC-IFS Botany (Including Paper I & II) Main Exam Guide: Botany (Including Paper I and II) Main Exam Guide
.UPSC- IFS Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science Main Exam Guide: Paper I and II
5UPSC-IFS Main Examination Guide: A Complete Book for Paper I and Paper II (Paper I & II)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in